Author Topic: Die Hard Instant DAW plugin issues  (Read 7627 times)

Offline gmvengineer

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
Die Hard Instant DAW plugin issues
« on: August 09, 2017, 11:56:55 AM »
Hello,

I have installed the Die Hard Instant DAW on 2 different systems successfully, however many of the plugins are not fully authorized. A few of the Native Instruments plugins are prompting me to insert a CD ROM and a few others like Lounge Lizard are failing to launch with authorization errors and "bad install" errors. I'm booting from a mac OS 9 Lives OS 9 CD and have the Die Hard images on one of the drives and restoring to the other HD.

For an example I just performed a fresh restore minutes ago and after the reboot I simply launched Cubase and tried to load NI Battery as a VST, but it immediately asks for the CD ("Please insert the Battery CD!). I have to click cancel then I get a message that says "Sorry, the plug-in failed to install". When attempting to load the CS-80V it does load but when I click the "edit" button to open it I get a message stating "Bad Installation - Please re-install the CS-80V. The Moog Modular V also asks for the CD when attempting to load.

Can someone please assist or tell me what I could be doing wrong?

Thank you

System-1:

QS G4 dual MHz 800
768 MB RAM
2 X 150 GB HD

System-2:

Powermac Digital Audio G4
Dual 533 MHz
768 MB RAM
2 x 75 GB HD

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Die Hard Instant DAW plugin issues
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 08:33:37 AM »
I have installed the Die Hard Instant DAW on 2 different systems successfully, however many of the plugins are not fully authorized. A few of the Native Instruments plugins are prompting me to insert a CD ROM and a few others like Lounge Lizard are failing to launch with authorization errors and "bad install" errors. I'm booting from a mac OS 9 Lives OS 9 CD and have the Die Hard images on one of the drives and restoring to the other HD.

For an example I just performed a fresh restore minutes ago and after the reboot I simply launched Cubase and tried to load NI Battery as a VST, but it immediately asks for the CD ("Please insert the Battery CD!). I have to click cancel then I get a message that says "Sorry, the plug-in failed to install". When attempting to load the CS-80V it does load but when I click the "edit" button to open it I get a message stating "Bad Installation - Please re-install the CS-80V. The Moog Modular V also asks for the CD when attempting to load.

Sorry for the late response; I have not had anyone mention these issues before, perhaps the current system date is a longer gap from the install date at this point and needs a re-fresh.

Many of the plugins are available as separate downloads, so takle one at a time (Like the Lounge Lizard) and re-install, I hope most of it works and has saved you time :)

Offline wankelmonkay

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 12:21:52 PM »
I also have the same issue, I wonder if there is a way to include scripts or any other tools in the future if there is an update to prevent this.

macStuff

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 11:06:02 PM »
what was the original size and type of hard drive that was used on the original installation?

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 10:22:26 AM »
Original Hard drive size does not matter with the Image since it was done using Apple "ASR" that you can research here if you wish, it preserves plugin authorizations.  I have a feeling that back dating the machine to the date of the instant DAW may fix the issue.  Some plugins also look at the last time used and NOT just the authorization

Please list exactly which plugins are having issues and I will address how to "fix" each one :)

macStuff

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 08:46:58 PM »
while the ASR is capable of restoring to a larger or same size drive, yes, the authorizations themselves might be making note of the drives size etc , or use some type of copyright protection technique such as writing blocks to the end of the drive, or beginning, perhaps this difference of having a drive a different size makes this not function.etc.

because we all know that the instant daw does indeed work sometimes. and sometimes not... as far as plugin authorizations go.. just attempting to throw some type of explanation out to explain how it is that these different results can occur.. anyone else have a theory?

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 08:54:08 AM »
I have a feeling that back dating the machine to the date of the instant DAW may fix the issue.  Some plugins also look at the last time used and NOT just the authorization

If anyone wants to backdate their machine to 09/01/2015 and restore the image and then test the plugins, we can get a list of what plugins have an issue then I maybe able to address what is fixable;  at the time the image was created it was restored to several G4s (with different HD sizes) and every plugin was tested without issues. This will at least rule out the date theory... be sure to backdate BEFORE installing the image

Offline Architecture

• Enthusiast Member
  • SCSI Hardware Sampler Junkie
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 02:35:36 PM »
I also had the same experience 3 times now with my DP 1ghz QS. Tried with 9/1/15 date.

The following had to be reinstalled
Moog Modular V
CS 80V
NI Spektral Delay

Lounge Lizard needed a new challenge code to be activated.

Making sure not to enable advanced multithreading seems to be helping alot with the stability issues I have had before. Simply enabling multithreading works best.

Full specifications of setup
2002 Quicksilver G4 with 1Ghz DP
1GB RAM
120GB HDD
240GB Secondary HDD
Adaptec 2906 SCSI card
Delta 1010 PCI (with breakout box)

« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 04:19:31 PM by Architecture »
PowerMac G4 MDD (1.25 Dual). 2GB Ram, GeForce Ti 4600 Mac. 3x RME Digiface paired to 2x Ferrofish A32s. Seritek 1SE2 external SATA setup.

PowerMac G4 2002 Quicksilver and Powerbook G3 for SCSI applications.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 05:24:17 PM »
Very Strange since at the time the image was made, ALL plugins worked :(

But I guess having issues with only 3 or 4 is not that bad considering the number of authorizations that remain intact :)

Offline Architecture

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 10:40:28 AM »
Its great to have a turnkey solution for having all this stuff setup and ready to go. Having issues with only 4 plugins out of so many is such a small isssue. Thinking I should make an updated image with my current setup so its ready to go in case my installation develops issues.

PowerMac G4 MDD (1.25 Dual). 2GB Ram, GeForce Ti 4600 Mac. 3x RME Digiface paired to 2x Ferrofish A32s. Seritek 1SE2 external SATA setup.

Offline cyberish

• Veteran Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2023, 02:07:32 PM »
Hi

I just came accross the same issue with Lounge Lizard. How did you manage to get a new challange code?

I also had the same experience 3 times now with my DP 1ghz QS. Tried with 9/1/15 date.

Moog Modular V
CS 80V
NI Spektral Delay

Making sure not to enable advanced multithreading seems to be helping alot with the stability issues I have had before. Simply enabling multithreading works best.

1GB RAM
120GB HDD
240GB Secondary HDD
Adaptec 2906 SCSI card

Offline Architecture

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2023, 07:30:29 AM »
Hi

I just came accross the same issue with Lounge Lizard. How did you manage to get a new challange code?

Moog Modular V
CS 80V
NI Spektral Delay

1GB RAM
120GB HDD
240GB Secondary HDD
Adaptec 2906 SCSI card

Reactivating it with the new challenge code provided by the plugin on The LL website. In the serials sheet there should be the activation information there.

Offline cyberish

• Veteran Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2023, 12:42:10 PM »
thank you for your response.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 01:07:55 PM by cyberish »

Offline ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2023, 12:59:46 PM »
Limited Liability?  ::)
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Offline cyberish

• Veteran Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2023, 01:24:01 PM »
got that sorted out... thx again.