Author Topic: replacing powersupplies  (Read 5163 times)

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
replacing powersupplies
« on: July 20, 2017, 10:54:09 AM »

no idea to solder and tinker yourself? this guy sells handmade adaptor cables for G4s with cheap ATX/BTX power supplies.

http://atxg4.com/quicksilver.html

http://atxg4.com/mdd.html
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline FdB

• Platinum Member
  • And then...
Re: replacing powersupplies
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 10:57:58 PM »
Certainly an option. Yes, I'm still lurking 'round here almost everyday. Haven't checked back with that Austin source on PSU rebuilds, but do intend to do so. Pretty busy with local politics until Primary Election on August 1st. And yes, I'd much rather have my head in a Mac, or two. Soon.

Amazon opens here in about 15 days and if they implement drone delivery, let's just say, some neighbors are discussing skeet practice. (Of course they're joking.)
This Must Be The Place

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 07:55:22 AM »
http://www.thestranger.com/news/2017/07/12/25280819/the-strangers-endorsements-for-the-august-1-2017-primary-election

the shipping cost to europe would be hilarious, and his offer on etsy says "not available". but i guess that this will change when you order 50 pieces. we could do a group buy one day and ship 20 of them to europe on our own.

Offline jt

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 10:45:46 AM »
Don't shoot 'em down, build a Trident/Net Gladiator drone to snare and pull them down non destructively.

Duct tape the payload tight to the infernal device along with a skull and crossbones/international "Amazon, just say no" symbol message for that airspace violation criminal Bezos. !|:o)

Be that as it may, great link! Love those cables.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 10:57:21 AM by jt »
jt - old school vector graphics type - Sound/VidCap n00b.

Offline jt

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 10:52:50 AM »
Better yet, work at getting legislation passed to enforce "Posted" no fly zones. Get a checkerboard of nearby, noise abatement activist neighbors together and shut the SOB's operations right down. ;)

I'm definitely ordering up a cable for my DA.
jt - old school vector graphics type - Sound/VidCap n00b.

Offline FdB

• Platinum Member
  • And then...
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 12:12:45 PM »
I did wonder about the current availability of the adaptor cables after reviewing the first noted site, as most recent comments there were from 2008/2009(?). And while my community is not the “Stranger” community mentioned in the second link graciously and thoughtfully provided by IIO, it is perhaps more of a “Stranger than Stranger” community. (However, changes in names and faces in that article might not provide all that much of a difference in the actual overall content of the article.)

Especially appreciate jt’s comments concerning the snaring of drones… radio control frequency discovery, coupled with possible drone control take-over has been discussed. Additional comments concerning this, Amazon itself and/or current local politics, should be perhaps moved to another more appropriate thread or, simply kill this deviation completely?

We do have the new “added advantage” of a newly appointed, community-wide “Chief Knowledge Officer” who is currently proposing construction of a city wide, independent fiber network (to the inital tune of “One Mill-uuN Dollars” - shades of Austin Powers’ Dr. Evil), to provide necessary file security for body cams and dash cam video for the police department. Of course, fiber optic network first... then the additional cost/purchase of body cams and dash cams afterwards. Google, Spectrum, etcetera, simply are not secure enough for us and encryption/compression is just too expensive, time consuming and well… just “icky”.

I say we skip the network and go straight to RoboCop… from my highly-regarded, self appointed position of “Supreme Czar of the Proletariat”! (Amazon and Bezos could provide the RoboCops for an additional fee, on top of their 10-year tax abatement here.)

I sincerely apologize, in advance. Still, interested in the ATX PSU cables.
This Must Be The Place

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 12:33:36 PM »
in germany they say, the modern governments started to pattern themselves on the conspiracy theorists, as this is the perfect base to hide what you do because the majority of intellectuals/creatives/cognitives/members of parliament/enterprisers (==those who have influence over the thoughts of the majority) already dont believe.

Offline FdB

• Platinum Member
  • And then...
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 10:06:05 AM »

“It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.” — Orwell

Recognize that German “modern government” theory as being a most definite possibility. Considering this and the additional, particularly “closed loop” nature & practices of the local government here, am reminded of the greek (yes Greek), symbol of Ouroboros:

“…symbolizing the “eternal return,” especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself.” — Wikipedia

In addition, the phrase “An enigma wrapped in a paradox and shrouded in a conundrum” also comes to mind. (Original source, Winston Churchill 1939.) “I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest.”

Thusly, a continued self-propagation and perpetuation of the government(s), in the interest of that/those government(s).

This is where I would normally insert a video of They Might Be Giants performing “Istanbul/Constantinople” …or a Three Stooges video clip for attempted (yet possibly still relevant), comic relief. Maybe even “Black Hole Sun” by Soundgarden.

In brief, of course… “the Russians are behind it” all! (Honest and sincere apologies to anyone of Russian origin. This is a joke in reference only to all of our global & local, political “leaders”.)

Maybe this IS about power supplys or, the supply of power… after all.

(OS 9.3 controlled RoboCops, anyone?)

“A SCREAMING COMES ACROSS THE SKY.” — Pynchon “Gravity’s Rainbow”

DieHard pauses, remembers his own references to: coup de poudre, TTX Neurotoxin & Datura… as Zappa’s “BeBop Tango - of The Old Jazzmen’s Church” plays back in his mind. “deBongo, you’re outta here!”

Come @ me, y’all. So now I’m on “double-secret probation”. (Now let's see if the image attachments make the journey.)
This Must Be The Place

Offline FdB

• Platinum Member
  • And then...
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 10:08:10 AM »
[Well, not where they were intended... but in order at the bottom.]
This Must Be The Place

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 05:23:00 PM »
Perhaps you guys would like a special "existential" category or similar for all of this philosophical musing?

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 12:00:32 AM »
"the supply of power" sounds bit like a chinese ebay offer. i shall get one an put it into my automata calculaire.

or i get it via amazon so that it will be delivered by a such a "power of supply" drone (which is not collecting any data for the government during flight, as we all already know.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 12:22:12 AM by IIO »