Author Topic: Wanted: Pro Tools TDM System and/or MOTU PCI-324 Interface  (Read 3411 times)

Offline cc333

• Valued Member
Wanted: Pro Tools TDM System and/or MOTU PCI-324 Interface
« on: July 10, 2017, 11:09:06 PM »
Hi,

I'm using Pro Tools native with a Firewire interface (Saffire Pro 26), but for fun, I'd like to get some sort of HD system that could work with both OS 9 and early OS X (up to 10.5, preferably), as I have a bunch of G4s and G5s sitting around doing nothing much except taking up space.

I'd like something with 8 or 16 ins and outs, and optionally some sort of console (I've had the opportunity to use a C24, but that's more than I want, probably too new, and WAY too expensive; I'd be interested in a smaller and older version that might hopefully be more affordable).

Also looking for an affordable (<$100) interface for an MOTU PCI-324 card I found in a Quicksilver I recently rescued from a dumpster. I might also consider trading it for something better.

My budget is small, but I'd like to get started with something.

Thanks!

c

Offline cc333

• Valued Member
Re: Wanted: Pro Tools TDM System and/or MOTU PCI-324 Interface
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 04:49:22 PM »
I saw that, but it's a bit more than I'm willing to spend after shipping and stuff. And since I'm in the US, shipping would likely be ridiculous.

That being said, for about $600 USD, I can get a Digidesign 96i converter, three PCI-X HD 3 cards, and a Pro Tools 8 HD license. It's not quite a classic DAW, but it's PowerPC, anyway!

Thoughts?

c

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 07:06:57 AM »
that rackmount kit would be all i am interested. :)
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline systemseven

• Enthusiast Member
  • 7.6.1 Electronic Music
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 04:47:28 PM »
that rackmount kit would be all i am interested. :)

are there any rackmounts for PPC era macs that are a complete rehouse?  like 3U ATX 19" rack cases for servers?