Author Topic: CHUD duh duh duh  (Read 4490 times)

Offline FdB

• Platinum Member
  • And then...
CHUD duh duh duh
« on: June 24, 2017, 12:39:14 AM »
Recently acquired a collection of assorted G4s. (An actual pick-up truck load.)

Anyway, fired up one of the MDDs tonight (DP 1.42 MHz / copper heat sink), and that thing's extremely H-O-T. Wondering which version of CHUD I should use... running OS 10.4.11... and that's where it'll stick. (Photoshop 7.0.1 doesn't like anything newer.)

(AND Arctic Silver 5... also ordered today.) Haven't checked actual temp as I can't locate my remote probe (it's around here somewhere). But, I've DL'ed Michael Bresink's temperature app (to be installed later today).

Tired... long day. And no help from Google Fiber Gang getting the 733MHz DA ethernet linked tonight (uhh, this morning). TenFourFox and Classilla coming up next.
This Must Be The Place

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
Re: CHUD duh duh duh
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 01:13:01 AM »
Not that it's a Mac OS 9 request, but OSX is probably the best OS9 companion out there ;).
You need CHUD 3.5.2 for the MDD and it works in both Leopard and Tiger. I use it in Leopard with my Sonnet MDX on the MDD.

You can find it and a Applescript to enable it at boot here: http://www.chudarchive.com
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline FdB

• Platinum Member
  • And then...
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 08:28:41 AM »
Thanks Knez. Realize that I’m flirting dangerously over the line a bit there with my big toe. Yet, my soul shall forever remain OS 9. I am thusly possessed and respectfully beg forgiveness and absolution for any and all unintended (current, past and future), transgressions. ;)

Of these machines that I’ve booted so far, quite nice to find that the majority have OS 9.2.2 from MacOS9Lives, installed. Three of the four MDD’s have already had their PSU’s cannibalized but I do intend to eventually offer up other remaining bits to members here for the mere cost of shipping alone… especially for those wishing (first of all), to attempt Urdvurk’s recent side cover venting process. (Anyone interested? PM me and be prepared to wait a little, to allow time for removal and packaging.)

I’ve spent the last week cleaning and blowing dust (and an ever-present eau-de-poulet aroma), from these G4’s, many of which were located in a rural garage. Moof indeed.

Well, I did not find an old Indian motorcycle in a barn… but I did discover a G4 treasure trove.
This Must Be The Place

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 07:58:21 PM »
Recently acquired a collection of assorted G4s. (An actual pick-up truck load.)

Wow... sounds like Christmas! Santa must have been doing a 'recon' run!! ;D

I love the smell of old G4's in the morning!! ;D ;D