Author Topic: Cannot install OMS 2.3.8 on an apple G3  (Read 3311 times)

Offline seb71

• Newcomer
Cannot install OMS 2.3.8 on an apple G3
« on: May 25, 2017, 05:35:31 AM »
The document "omsv238.sit" or "opcodeopenmusic.hqx" or any other I have tried from vaious websites all with.sit or .hqx give a message of "The DOCUMENT "XXXXX.hqx (or .ssit)" could not be opened because the application program that created it could not be found. Could not find a translation extension with appropriate translators."

I am on an aqua Apple G3 running os 9.0

I downloaded the OMS files on my alienware PC to thumbdrive then burnt them onto a CR-R disc on my 2012 imac and they appear ok but when I click on the files the above message sounds.

I have Galaxy 2.5.2 installed but cannot run it without OMS 2.3.8

I just want to use it to patch edit some old synths I have and I have purchased an old studio 4 midi box which I have hooked up but cant run  :'(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry also....complete noob on old macs...this is the first I have ever owned.

cheers

Seb

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Cannot install OMS 2.3.8 on an apple G3
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 07:59:46 AM »
The document "omsv238.sit" or "opcodeopenmusic.hqx" or any other I have tried from vaious websites all with.sit or .hqx give a message of "The DOCUMENT "XXXXX.hqx (or .ssit)" could not be opened because the application program that created it could not be found.

Drag the file omsv238.sit onto "StuffIt Expander" or Open the full StuffIt application and chose "File" Open" and navigate to the omsv238.sit, either way, it will extract the files and then you can install them.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 02:08:21 PM »
i´d recommend to enable the stuff it menu in the stuff it conrol panel and/or install the commercial stuff it deluxe as this makes things easier.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 02:31:31 PM »
Do you have stuffit expander installed? It is in one of the utilities folder in a default installation.