Author Topic: Help about JavaScript  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Ralphieboy

• Enthusiast Member
Help about JavaScript
« on: May 23, 2017, 01:31:06 PM »
I have recently bought a ASUS WL-330N portable router to connect wirelessly my Titanium to the internet.
The device is a multi-mode router that you connect to your machine via ethernet.
Going 192.168.1.1, an app appears in the browser to configure the router but once connected with Classilla, I got this message: "Your browser does not support JavaScript. Choose a browser that supports JavaScript, or enable it to use the multi-functional router, ASUS WL-330N."

I am dispared.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:31:12 AM by Ralphieboy »

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
Re: Help about JavaScript
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 02:26:02 PM »
Forget about it you need osx at least to do that. Javascript to old. Or indeed disabled but still i think you wont be able to configure that browser to do it. Open a new tab and type about:config and hit enter. Search for java and see if it is disabled.

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 10:27:40 PM »
You have a small "S" in the right bottom corner of Classilla. Press it and it will ask if you want to allow JavaScript for the site you're visiting. It works after this, all is well. Otherwise you will need a newer browser running on OSX, Linux, Windows etc.
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline nanopico

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 06:07:03 AM »
May e worth a try, but I can't say for sure.  When classila chokes on some javascript I have actually found that Netscape 7 actually seemed to handle more modern javascript ( by more I mean in comparisons to Classila and not by much).
The biggest problem is that for me Netscape 7 was not stable at all.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, or break it so you can fix it!