Author Topic: Problem with images in Classilla  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Ralphieboy

• Enthusiast Member
Problem with images in Classilla
« on: April 09, 2017, 03:44:42 AM »
Hello.
I am new to the forum and start working with my Titanium G4 867mhz.
I am using Classilla and after installing iCab when I click on an image on google, the pic does not download at all and all I get is a blank page.

Can someone help me please?

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: Problem with images in Classilla
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 04:57:47 PM »
First guess: It's unclear from your question if you had no issues before you installed iCab.
Are you saying that trying to clicking a Google image in iCabgives you a blank page or that Classilla stopped working properly after you installed iCab?

If iCab is the problem, it's probably because it hasn't been updated since the Chirac administration and doesn't recognize Google security certs. Solution:Trash iCab. It's ancient, unsecured and unsupported.

If something else is wrong, holler back.

Offline Ralphieboy

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 02:24:07 AM »
You are right. My post is unclear.

After installing iCab (app that I don't use anyhow), Classilla does not load images when I click on a pic in 'Google Images'.

I will erase iCab and see if my problem get resolved.

Offline ovalking

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 11:04:20 AM »
I assume you are talking about clicking on the images in the search results of a Google Image Search (as clicking any old image should not do anything unless it is a hyperlink).

In this scenario Classilla doesn't work for me either. It seems that Google detects the Nokia user agent and diverts you from the proper URL to an http://images.google address. (Why?)
The resulting Google page does not work with Classilla.
The workaround is to change the user agent. With the Classilla user agent selected, clicking on the image search results takes you to the correct URL containing that image.

Another alternative is to use iCab, or IE, or Netscape.

I can't explain why the installation of iCab had any impact. It seems coincidence to me.

Google Images seem to have made some changes (about a year ago?) In the past, when you clicked on a Google image search result, it took you to an information type page, and from then you could go to the actual image ONLY. Now you have to load the whole page that image is on. It's really annoying....