Author Topic: OS9 on iBook G4?  (Read 3782 times)

Offline mlthmp

• PowerPC fan
OS9 on iBook G4?
« on: March 26, 2017, 04:52:26 PM »
I saw there is an install image for unsupported Macs.. Was wondering if anyone had any luck with the 1.33ghz iBook?

Offline nanopico

• Platinum Member
Re: OS9 on iBook G4?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 05:56:10 AM »
I saw there is an install image for unsupported Macs.. Was wondering if anyone had any luck with the 1.33ghz iBook?

Sort of.
I have the same model and it will install and boot and all that jazz, but there will be no audio and the track pad will be so slow it is not usable.
Even at the highest cursor speed setting, it still takes almost a minute to get it from one corner to the center of the screen.
The audio issue is not like others where plugging in headphones get's something to work. It just won't work.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, or break it so you can fix it!

Offline mlthmp

• PowerPC fan
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 11:19:12 AM »
Sort of. I have the same model and it will install and boot and all that jazz, but there will be no audio and the track pad will be so slow it is not usable.
Even at the highest cursor speed setting, it still takes almost a minute to get it from one corner to the center of the screen.
The audio issue is not like others where plugging in headphones get's something to work. It just won't work.

WOW.. the sound I could deal with.. but that track pad speed? no way lol

Offline nanopico

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 12:17:58 PM »
Sort of. I have the same model and it will install and boot and all that jazz, but there will be no audio and the track pad will be so slow it is not usable.

WOW.. the sound I could deal with.. but that track pad speed? no way lol

I never tried an external mouse so I would assume that would be better, but I'm not sure.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, or break it so you can fix it!