Author Topic: Maudio FW410 MIDI and Pro Tools HD 5  (Read 2397 times)

Offline SiegfriedMeier

• new to the forums
Maudio FW410 MIDI and Pro Tools HD 5
« on: March 13, 2017, 02:52:33 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm needing a way to get MIDI into my PT5 rig, and I had one of these lying around that I found drivers for - although, 1.0.4...OMS sees it, Pro Tools sees it, but not matter what, I cannot get any MIDI in or out of that device.  I even gave it power from a wallwart, as someone incorrectly said it doesn't do bus power (it does)...

Any thoughts?  I think I'm just gonna go for one of those new Jamports and get a serial port into the G4 so I can use my Opcode units.

Thanks!
Sig

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: Maudio FW410 MIDI and Pro Tools HD 5
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 05:16:42 PM »
Welcome to the club. A search on the Forum for "FW410" or "M-Audio" in general will return an amazing number of complaints just like yours re: M-Audio firewire stuff.

1.0.4 seems to be the correct (actually the only) driver that's ever worked.

Even though it's a long shot, I'll tell you to make sure your have the Apple Firewire enabler extension installed & running and that nothing else firewire-involved could be hanging things up. OMS and PT see the 410 but no traffic: Are you saying that audio is fine - just no MIDI? Any remote chance the 410 MIDI is kaput? Have you actually ever had MIDI flowing through it?

If everything is visible and there's just no MIDI, it's possible there's a MIDI timing issue. Can you access the 410 control panel? Are all the clock setting correct everywhere - 410, OMS and PT?

I hate to be a pessimist, but really, this shit happens all the time with these. Sometimes they get working, very often they don't.