Author Topic: help .. the mac g4 digital audio doesn't turn on …since this morning glurps  (Read 4232 times)

Offline Miro Le Ravi

• Enthusiast Member
  • is there anybody out there
    • Miro funky show
hello
is there someone has a clue  of what i can do 
it doesn't' turn on at all  no light no sound no activity 
every day  i come in the studio   itun it on  and work all day and turn it down as simple as that  i used it before yesterday it was working well and today  nothing  appears when i try to put it on  from the keyboard  i went  to  the  mac itself i push the on  button and the same 

the cable and the electricity is not the cause

is it the  alimentation block  ? 
does it is possible  to  replace or rep are it  ?  i am  in switzerland
….:5
la vie est belle c'est le monde qui est triste ...

Offline fsangre

• new to the forums
I'm not an expert, but have suffered a couple of similar situations. In one the problem was the battery placed in the logic board (easy to resolve), in the second the culprit was a bad Power Supply  :'(

In the troubleshooting section of the PowerMac G4 Service Manual PDF attached (in english despite the translated spanish title), you can find the checking and repair procedures.

Good Luck!

Offline BBoppie

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
I'd try resetting the board. There are micro switches on the board that you can reset and start the computer from the board switch instead of pressing the button on the front.

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
I had a quicksilver arriving that way. I ended with taking all the cards out disconnecting the drives and voila the sucker started.

Offline Miro Le Ravi

• Enthusiast Member
  • is there anybody out there
    • Miro funky show
 :) :) :) :) :)

it was just the battery 
everything is ok  and its s working very well 

thanks everybody 
la vie est belle c'est le monde qui est triste ...