Author Topic: IOExperts WIFI driver  (Read 4580 times)

Offline nanopico

• Platinum Member
IOExperts WIFI driver
« on: February 28, 2017, 10:43:45 AM »
Does anyone know how to contact IOExperts about purchasing their wifi driver?
I tried sending a support request through their website, but no response.
I can write them via regular post office snail mail, but I would rather not.
I'd rather buy the stuff if they would still sell it.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, or break it so you can fix it!

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
Re: IOExperts WIFI driver
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 01:08:06 AM »
Me too! I have a 802.11b card in my PowerBook G3 Kanga and use their driver. Would be fun if I was able to use it for more than 30 minutes at a time. If they don't want to sell it, maybe they have a serial free version they can distribute. Fingers crossed.
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline nanopico

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 05:50:19 AM »
Me too! I have a 802.11b card in my PowerBook G3 Kanga and use their driver. Would be fun if I was able to use it for more than 30 minutes at a time. If they don't want to sell it, maybe they have a serial free version they can distribute. Fingers crossed.

That would be nice.  Though due to the lack of response I got, and that the registration page no longer exists, I'm thinking it won't happen.
I might send something to the mailing address but I have this feeling that it will go nowhere as well.

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 05:59:16 AM »
I actually found the founder on social media. He has responded to my first question; if he is the founder of IOexperts.
Hope he answers my follow up questions as well :)
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline nanopico

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 06:56:16 AM »
I actually found the founder on social media. He has responded to my first question; if he is the founder of IOexperts.
Hope he answers my follow up questions as well :)

I like the sound of this.  I would gladly pay for the driver.  I like to support developers when ever possible.

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 04:43:18 AM »
To follow up on this a bit. He ignores me and dont seem to even want to point me in the right direction to buy the driver. He dont seem to want my money at all. Should we look into disabling the 30 minute "lock"?

Offline nanopico

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 10:59:57 AM »
To follow up on this a bit. He ignores me and dont seem to even want to point me in the right direction to buy the driver. He dont seem to want my money at all. Should we look into disabling the 30 minute "lock"?

Funny that you bring this up.
With my OS 9 challenge I've been trying to decide which machine to commit to and they seem to keep having hardware issues that I just don't want to deal with.  Well I've settled on a G3 bronze keyboard powerbook.  So third party wireless.  The 30 minute limit is driving me nuts.  Already working on removing the lock.

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 01:53:23 PM »
Funny that you bring this up.
With my OS 9 challenge I've been trying to decide which machine to commit to and they seem to keep having hardware issues that I just don't want to deal with.  Well I've settled on a G3 bronze keyboard powerbook.  So third party wireless.  The 30 minute limit is driving me nuts.  Already working on removing the lock.

Great! I want to be able to use my Kanga more than 30 minutes before i need to reboot. Keep us updated on the progress :)