Author Topic: DieHard instant daw  (Read 3976 times)

Offline Irisman

• Veteran Member
  • each day I am older
DieHard instant daw
« on: February 21, 2017, 01:47:12 AM »

Hi,

Just to share my happiness after successful installing of the Diehard instant daw big image in my PowerMac MDD 2003.

Process description:
1. Get the files in PC (awesome download speed!!). Copy the files on a flashdrive.
2. Ibook G4 with macos 10.4.11 ->  copy the files, and with Stuffit 10, remove the binary encoding.
3. Format the USB flashdrive - format MacOs extended.
4. Copy the "binary deencoded" files on the flashdrive. Copy also the ASR program.
5. Boot the MDD 2003 (already prepared for...), and use the USB flashdrive to run the ASR program. Run, select destiny, wait two hours, and voila!

Now I plan to add Kontakt   8)

Many thanks to all who put efforts on this work, it helped me a real LOT of boring computer tasks!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It´s great to be here!

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Re: DieHard instant daw
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 07:08:31 AM »
The 'Instant DAW' is just BEYOND crazy cool and one of the MANY triumphs of OS9Lives!!!  ;D ( extra special thanks to DieHard, MacTron and Chris Nova on that one!)

2 hours??... Must be because of the flash drive??? Using a optical drive it literally takes less than 2 MINUTES for the restore!!!! Now THAT will REALLY blow your mind!!! Haha! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Irisman

• Veteran Member
  • each day I am older
Re: DieHard instant daw
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 12:21:31 AM »
Using a optical drive it literally takes less than 2 MINUTES for the restore!!!! Now THAT will REALLY blow your mind!!! Haha! ;D ;D ;D

I have to try that, specially after personalize the working system adding at least Kontakt for macos9  ;)

:)