Author Topic: Request: Full version of Pluggo 3.0.4!  (Read 19962 times)

Knez

Request: Full version of Pluggo 3.0.4!
« on: November 26, 2013, 04:39:02 AM »
Hi!

It would be nice to get a hold on the last version of Pluggo for Mac OS 9. Seems to be quite a nice package of plugs, and they are Pro Tools (RTAS) compatible as well (awesomeness)!

You can download the demo version, which is like the full version, only with capped playback time (the sound becomes a buzzing sound after a couple of minutes of use). A serial for this would be great as well. Mirroring everything in the downloads section would be nice too, I don't really trust the wayback machine that much.

Offline Essexboy

• Valued Member
Re: Request: Full version of Pluggo 3.0.4!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 12:53:35 PM »
I've been trying to find Pluggo 3 forever!

Can any members help out?

I used to have a copy on my G3 laptop back in the day. That computer died and I've not had Pluggo since.

Knez

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 01:38:01 AM »
I found it, and I have it! Where's the FTP, so we can make it avalible to eveyone? It's a 26mb file.

supernova777

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 10:41:41 PM »
for the record Knez was given the ftp information weeks ago, why he never uploaded , i have no idea.. i will try to track it down i was looking for it in october with no success.

supernova777

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 09:40:00 PM »

download:
http://web.archive.org/web/20030415183634/http://synthesisters.com/pluggo3/wizard3.html

manuals:
http://web.archive.org/web/20030412202702/http://www.synthesisters.com/download/PluggoGettingStarted3.pdf
http://web.archive.org/web/20030412202702/http://www.synthesisters.com/download/PluggoPlugInsRef3.pdf

System Requirements

pluggo requires:

A PowerPC Mac OS computer with System 8.6 - 9.2. A G3 or G4 processor is recommended. The number of plug-ins you can use simultaneously depends on the processor, its speed, and your available memory.
    64 MB or more of memory, althought the exact amount depends on the system version and the host sequencer you're using.
    At least 55 MB of hard disk space.
    For MAS host applications, MOTU Audio System 2.1 and FreeMIDI 1.42 or later are required. These are not included with the Pluggo installer.
    An application that hosts VST, VST 2.0, MAS, or RTAS plug-ins.
    - Pro Tools 5.1 or later (pluggo is not compatible with Pro Tools Free, which is based on Pro Tools version 5.0.1.))
    - Cubase 4.1 or later
    - Digital Performer 2.5 or later (2.7 or later strongly recommended)
    - Vision 4.1 or later (version 4.5 automation does not work with Pluggo)
    - Logic Audio 4.1.2 or later
    - Peak 2.5 or later
    - Live 1.1 or later
    - Spark 1.1
    pluggo does not officially support multiprocessing in host applications when running on a machine with multiple processors. However, it may work for you. If it doesn't, you can disable multiprocessing support in the host application.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:45:57 PM by chrisNova777 »

Offline Essexboy

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »
Awesome thanks!

supernova777

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 12:00:04 PM »
Pluggo provides a framework to interface a single, “native Pluggo” plug-in to VST and RTAS standards. In this way, Pluggo is similar to Waves’ Waveshell framework. Unlike some other “wrapper” approaches, Pluggo does not add latency to the audio stream.

This is the last version of Pluggo compatible with the Classic versions of Mac OS.
Tested in my studio on Pro Tools TDM 5.1.3 and in Pro Tools Free 5.0.1. Runs great! Not tested with VST host applications (Cubase etc).

Serial: 12012560001
Registration ID: ARFX-REQE-X626-AX7U
Authorization code: FFWR-2EFR-753H-BA7H-B52H-R77X
Compatibility
Architecture: PPC

PowerPC 604 or later
Mac OS 8.6 - 9.2.2
VST or RTAS compatible host application

http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/pluggo-304

Offline Essexboy

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 02:03:05 AM »
I was pretty stoked that ChrisNova found this!

Unfortunately I'm having no luck authorising it!

I'm installed it on my G4 MDD and G3 iBook running it within Cubase.

Installation isn't a problem... everything goes fine. I can open the plugins in Cubase no problem but do get a reminder that this is an un-authorised demo version.

When you install Pluggo it creates a folder called "Pluggo Stuff" which I think should be on the same drive as the host application. (In this case Cubase VST/32 5.0)

Inside the Pluggo Stuff folder you will find the "Authorise Pluggo" app.

Upon running the authoriser it tells me I need to reinstall pluggo.

I've gone through and deleted everything related to Pluggo including all plugins, prefs, MAX/MSP folder in system folder etc etc and have reinstalled Pluggo again.

Same issue time and time again on both computers.

Any ideas anyone?

Shout out to ChrisNova for his time helping me out with this. Very much appreciated :-)

supernova777

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 02:28:48 AM »
off the bat im thinking perhaps u have to move this app to a differnt location and run it ?
maybe?

Offline Essexboy

• Valued Member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 11:07:59 PM »
Yes I was wondering if it was a bit like Waves etc where the folder needs to be inside a certain folder.

Strange though, as I have gone through the installation a few times now, following the onscreen prompts and the manual. Same results on 2 different systems.

Offline Jakl

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 05:21:59 AM »
Came across the same problem and solved it.
Yo must have pluggo v3.00 to register it
then v3.0.4 should work after you have done that -
use the provided serial I think it should work.

Try this one attached: I hope it works

supernova777

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 06:30:41 AM »
great news Jakl! Essexboy will be pleased;D  -afro- -afro-

Offline Jakl

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 08:45:46 PM »
Did it work?

supernova777

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 08:55:57 PM »
hey Jakl I havent tested yet i will try to soon. but I just took your word for it;)

Offline P.O.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 08:36:10 AM »
I have the same problem. I previously had a runtime pluggo, and even tho I removed all traces of previous MAX and Pluggo, I have this feeling there is a stuck, invisible preference file in the preferences folder preventing the authorization operation.
There are a few of these cryptic files in my preferences folder i have no idea who they belong to, but I fear removing them for breaking something else...
I certainly wish I could do without downloading the proposed version, as I have a very slow landline internet connexion.
P.O.

Offline dr bu

• Gold Member
  • inconsistent soul
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 04:15:45 PM »
this 3.0.3 installer worked fine for me. serial included.

3.0.4 update:

- worked around a Logic 5 bug that caused crashes when
changing effect presets while playing.

- eliminated all the application's subfolders from the
"search path"--this will speed up the loading of the first
plug-in for Logic users with thousands of folders full
of samples
djupsinnig

supernova777

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 04:08:24 PM »
did we ever get 3.0.4 working>?
or should i just install 3.0.3?

Offline rezx0x

• new to the forums
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 07:12:04 AM »
I'm not having any luck installing these attachments. When I double click them Stuffit launches, then closes shortly after returning me to the finder. I appreciate any help as this is already taking too much of my time just get Pluggo 3.0.4 running in Pro Tools Free 5.0.1. I need to get this sorted so I can get on with making some tunes. PLZ Up a "working" Pluggo 3/3.0.3 that I can install & register! THX!

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 07:28:29 AM »
i can assure you that the uploader (dr. bu) created this .sit on mac os 9.

but if you have the option to do so you might just unpack it from OSX.

also, make sure that your download is complete. with classilla there are known problems.

you might want to answer us the following questions: does your .sit have an stuff it icon? what version of stuff it you use?

we are regulary fighting over and discussing archive formats here, it is not the easiest thing as it seems. :)
insert arbitrary signature here

supernova777

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 08:31:39 AM »
ok first of all
make sure to install stuffit 7.0.3 (http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=1280.0)
to ensure no problems with stuffit incompatibilities

after thats installed
if u return to the original web.archive post
and download the file, u will get "pluggo3s.bin"
downloaded..

if u click this file and press applekey/CMD-U (shortcut installed by stuffit 7.0.3)
this should decode the fine from macbinary to be the installer file
which will appear with an icon for the VISE installer
(purple diamond icon)

there are alot of small undocumented things on this site that are
regularly tripping people up.. this is one of them i think that people are unaware that they have to process
these .bin files the same way as they would a stuffit (.sit) file by running stuffit expander, even tho what
stuffit actually ends up doing is not unstuffing but decoding the macbinary format out into a normal mac os file

another thing that can trip some people up is the download links... trying to click "Save as" results in downloadng a 6k
html file rather then attachment.. i do this alot by accident so i know there must be some other people doing this aswell
it would be helpful if this had some reminder not to try to "save as" on the download link

anyway.. let us know how u make out with the pluggo install