Author Topic: Obscure Mac software for a Roland DM80 hard disc recorder? Circa 1993!  (Read 20934 times)

Offline tonyisyourpal

• Newcomer
Re: Obscure Mac software for a Roland DM80 hard disc recorder? Circa 1993!
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2018, 06:51:14 AM »
Excellent - was browsing not logged in initially so didn’t see the link. That’s tonight’s fun sorted then :)

I think you only need the PSU on the ib-1 if you’re going to use it to turn the DM80F into a midi controller, otherwise it’s powered by the “DM-BUSS” cable - which is basically a midi cable with some extra lines for carrying power to the DM80R. I’m sure I read somewhere that the data sent on the cable is all straightforward midi traffic as well, but haven’t tried that out yet...

Offline gyorpb

• Newcomer
[…] the system I just got in fact includes […] the IB-1 MIDI interconnect.
Would you mind opening up the IB-1 and taking some good pictures of the innards?

Offline ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2023, 04:30:16 PM »
Here it is. Made with ShrinkWrap 2.1
Since we were talking Rolands in the other thread, I decided to take a look at this software. I could not locate my own copy quickly, so I downloaded this one. Guess what? Its resource fork is chopped off and most of the data fork consists of F6F6 and 0000.
Anyone have a working one? Thanks.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2023, 12:56:31 PM »
Here it is. Made with ShrinkWrap 2.1
Since we were talking Rolands in the other thread, I decided to take a look at this software. I could not locate my own copy quickly, so I downloaded this one. Guess what? Its resource fork is chopped off and most of the data fork consists of F6F6 and 0000.
Anyone have a working one? Thanks.

needs applesauceing
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts