Author Topic: GeeThree Stealth Port and the Griffin gPort new clones!  (Read 47635 times)

Offline 9646gt

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
Re: GeeThree Stealth Port and the Griffin gPort new clones!
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2020, 08:14:13 AM »
I just emailed him as well! If this turns out to be a bust, is there anyway pci cards or anything I can buy to let me hook my Roland SC-88 up to my MDD 867DP and be able to use it with OMS for MIDI in games under OS9 and possibly OS X?!

Online IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2020, 01:17:04 PM »
any usb oder firewire midi interface?
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline zefrenchtoon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2022, 05:40:48 AM »
Hey!

Sorry for unearthing this post …

I wanted to share this info:  another guy is working on a clone of GeeThree Stealth Port / Griffin gPort / Jamport etc

Here is the link:  https://68kmla.org/bb/index.php?threads/introducing-and-interest-check-circuittalk-localtalk-for-powermac-g4.40182/page-3

Online IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2022, 06:28:41 AM »
50 euro superb.

whenever i will reactivate my stealth port for midi i will buy one of these so that i have a replacement.

Online IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2022, 06:33:35 AM »
All in good time. Don't expect these soon™. I don't even own a Mac Mini G4 yet and simply cannot afford one at the moment.

does somebody have a spare one he can donate to him? he is in the UK as it seems.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 07:01:39 AM by IIO »

Offline mopar300m

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2022, 09:12:04 AM »
I'd be very interested in one of these so I could run an older MOTU Midi Timepiece.  They are cheap and plentiful on ebay unlike the USB MOTU Timepiece AV.

Offline zefrenchtoon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2022, 01:13:53 PM »
All in good time. Don't expect these soon™. I don't even own a Mac Mini G4 yet and simply cannot afford one at the moment.

does somebody have a spare one he can donate to him? he is in the UK as it seems.

He already got one for its tests. ;)

@ArmorAlley has very kindly donated a Mini G4 to the cause so development of "CircuitTalk Mini" will begin soon! This version will also be the basis of the PowerBook G4 and eMac variants.

-afro-

Offline zefrenchtoon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2022, 01:54:16 PM »
Just got a CubePort from Griffin Technology on french marketplace.

If it can help someone, I shared an image of the provided CD on the garden:
https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/griffin-software-driver-collection

This CubePort will be useless to me as I don't have a Cube but I took it to save it from potential bin … and to help CircuitBored if it can.  :)

If someone is "really" interested by it … tell me

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2022, 12:16:22 PM »
I would be interested in it as I have a Cube AND this CubePort but I can’t get it to work. As soon as I install it the Cube wouldn’t boot anymore.
I would like to buy a second one to try it out again and maybe repair the other one.
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline CircuitBored

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2022, 06:21:33 AM »
Hi all, CircuitBored here. Sorry for lurking all these years without ever making an account!

It's really nice to see people getting excited about my work. If you're interested in buying one of my StealthSerial/gPort clones then please get in touch. Kits are £40 plus postage from the UK.

I'm not sure if posting this message here is the "done thing". Admins, if you'd like me to create my own thread then please just let me know.

All the best,
CB

Online IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2022, 06:46:58 AM »
welcome!
there is an introduction thread here http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,1991.675.html but nobody is obilgated to use it.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2022, 08:42:36 AM »
Hi all, CircuitBored here. Sorry for lurking all these years without ever making an account!

It's really nice to see people getting excited about my work. If you're interested in buying one of my StealthSerial/gPort clones then please get in touch. Kits are £40 plus postage from the UK.

I'm not sure if posting this message here is the "done thing". Admins, if you'd like me to create my own thread then please just let me know.

All the best,
CB

So, you are Alex Hixon?

Wellcome aboard!
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline CircuitBored

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2022, 09:42:11 AM »

So, you are Alex Hixon?

Wellcome aboard!

Cheers! I'm glad to be here.

No, I am not Alex Hixon - I should have made that clearer! I reached out to Mister Hixon about his cards about six months ago and have heard nothing back. It seems as though he's gone off the grid (or this part of the net, at least) - hopefully he's alright.

The development page on Hixon's website was invaluable to getting my project off the ground although I went a slightly different route, opting to use the DS8925 chip from the original serial cards rather than something modern. Might as well put those old, plentiful chips to use. I also use the original modem port's housing for mounting the serial connector, which means you don't waste a PCI slot on a non-PCI device and gives the upgrade a stock-alike look.

I've sold about fifteen kits so far and people seem really happy with them, which is great to hear.

Offline Architecture

• Enthusiast Member
  • SCSI Hardware Sampler Junkie
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2022, 03:57:39 PM »

So, you are Alex Hixon?

Wellcome aboard!

Cheers! I'm glad to be here.

No, I am not Alex Hixon - I should have made that clearer! I reached out to Mister Hixon about his cards about six months ago and have heard nothing back. It seems as though he's gone off the grid (or this part of the net, at least) - hopefully he's alright.

The development page on Hixon's website was invaluable to getting my project off the ground although I went a slightly different route, opting to use the DS8925 chip from the original serial cards rather than something modern. Might as well put those old, plentiful chips to use. I also use the original modem port's housing for mounting the serial connector, which means you don't waste a PCI slot on a non-PCI device and gives the upgrade a stock-alike look.

I've sold about fifteen kits so far and people seem really happy with them, which is great to hear.

Very interested in this, where can I contact you?
PowerMac G4 MDD (1.25 Dual). 2GB Ram, GeForce Ti 4600 Mac. 3x RME Digiface paired to 2x Ferrofish A32s. Seritek 1SE2 external SATA setup.

PowerMac G4 2002 Quicksilver and Powerbook G3 for SCSI applications.

Offline teroyk

• Platinum Member
  • -
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2022, 01:22:14 PM »
Any new news about Powerbook version?
Some Powerbook G3 has separate modem-card that is easy get out...and I just wondering how about those IRDA-ports...they are also serialports.

Offline CircuitBored

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2022, 02:32:04 AM »
Any new news about Powerbook version?

The card itself works fine in the G3 powerbooks it fits in. All that needs to be figured out is a custom mini-DIN that will fit in the spot previously occupied by the RJ-11. As you might imagine, designing custom connectors is no small task. I'm still in the pre-prototype phase at the moment, figuring out how much room there is to play with in the Pismo and the Wallstreet.

Offline zefrenchtoon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2022, 11:37:40 AM »
As you might imagine, designing custom connectors is no small task. I'm still in the pre-prototype phase at the moment, figuring out how much room there is to play with in the Pismo and the Wallstreet.

Why don't you use a USB-C connector ? it should fit and there are enough pins to make it reversable ?   -afro-     ;D