Author Topic: An idea!  (Read 5808 times)

Knez

An idea!
« on: November 24, 2013, 01:46:24 PM »
It would be great if there was a forum in the "Members Downloads" section of the plugins that has RTAS plugins as well.

Or renaming the sections to Software Instruments and Software Effects instead of VST instruments and VST effects. And with the rename, adding the plugin type to the title of the thread.

Like this:
Plugin Name - VSTi/RTAS
Plugin Name - VSTi
Plugin Name - RTAS
etc

Are you guys with me on what I mean? I just feel it's a bit confusing now. Is there only VSTi's in there? Where can I find RTAS plugins if that's the case?

I also request a sepparate section for us high-end Pro Tools users who looks for TDM (DSP-accelerated) plugins :)

Thanks for your attention! :)

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
Re: An idea!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 02:23:27 PM »
sounds like a idea. btw i finally got my hands on a digi 001 and installed pt5 but first thing that jumped in my eyes ... there is no vsti like in cubase to get a noise when i play that keyboard. i mean i see the level going because i hit the keys but i need a soft synth and i have no idea about pt synths at all and have none :D

Knez

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 02:45:52 PM »
You need to find some RTAS instruments. I know that FM7 came out as an OS9-compatible RTAS plugin, but I have no idea if that's what we have on the site. Hence my ideas for the names :P

supernova777

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 03:15:45 PM »
yea the fm7 works great but u run it via direct connect..
theres a few files u have to add off the cd to extensions + systemfolder then it works beauty!
;0

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 08:53:19 PM »
We will get there soon...

I will create a Member FTP Upload area that you guys can upload RTAS plugs and other files to, then please message Chris, mactron, or myself and we will move it and create a board for it... we will have to setup a few rules first, such as what format to stuff the files into (I prefer a toast image or SEA "self extracting archive")

Knez

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 02:27:38 AM »
theres a few files u have to add off the cd to extensions + systemfolder then it works beauty!
;0

Ah, you can do that too, but there was a native RTAS version of it too :)

I will create a Member FTP Upload area that you guys can upload RTAS plugs and other files to, then please message Chris, mactron, or myself and we will move it and create a board for it... we will have to setup a few rules first, such as what format to stuff the files into (I prefer a toast image or SEA "self extracting archive")

Great! I just suspect that quite a few of the current stuff in the downloads section have both VSTi and RTAS versions of the same plugin in the same installer. This is the usual way the plugin manufacturers do it.

I guess I can download them all and have a look when I have time. A specification in the name if the plugins are RTAS or VSTi would be nice, as well as a dedicated TDM plugins cathegory, for us DSP-powered Pro Tools users :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 02:31:04 AM by Knez »

supernova777

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 02:56:04 PM »
;0

Ah, you can do that too, but there was a native RTAS version of it too :)

I saw these rtas plugins on ebay recently for around 350$
for fm7, battery + pro52 i think there was only 3-4 of them
but it looked like the precursor to the komplete package (v1.0, now its up to v9 or so)

supernova777

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 02:58:06 PM »
Are you guys with me on what I mean? I just feel it's a bit confusing now. Is there only VSTi's in there? Where can I find RTAS plugins if that's the case?

I also request a sepparate section for us high-end Pro Tools users who looks for TDM (DSP-accelerated) plugins :)

Thanks for your attention! :)

some of the posted vsts include rtas versions..
will take some carefull review to highlight this fact but i feel i am up to the task;)
if you can be paitent we will move towards this goal

Knez

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 03:18:09 PM »
some of the posted vsts include rtas versions..
will take some carefull review to highlight this fact but i feel i am up to the task;)
if you can be paitent we will move towards this goal

Im very patient. Just looking forward to all the great RTAS stuff coming up.
I still have awesome hardware gear to play with ;)