Author Topic: Chris will no longer be here...  (Read 1397 times)

Offline DieHard

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Chris will no longer be here...
« on: November 04, 2016, 05:18:31 PM »
Unfortunately, Chris Nova aka GeForce4 and SuperNova will no longer be contributing to our Forum any longer.

He has posted a lot of valuable information to the MacOS9lives forum and he will be missed; but there are too many differences in opinion between many core members and Chris that cannot be overcome.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 03:49:45 PM by DieHard, Reason: Removed URL, no longer applicable »

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: Chris will no longer be here...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 12:02:19 AM »
Well, nobody can say you didn't try.

"You can lead a horse to water, but sooner or later he'll go off his meds"…
                                                       Owsley, 1966

Too bad…really.

Offline DieHard

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 02:42:39 PM »
I look forward to a "drama-free" positive forum :)

Offline Mat

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 05:20:15 PM »
And that is what we will get, DieHard! I suspect all othere members here to be open-minded and friendly and helpful persons, without any need to proove anything or fear other opinions or experiences. Whatever happened again, and was the last reason to act the way you did: Good decision! Let´s finally look foreward after this never ending story.

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 02:59:22 PM »
Unfortunately, Chris Nova aka GeForce4 and SuperNova will no longer be contributing to our Forum any longer.

He has posted a lot of valuable information to the MacOS9lives forum and he will be missed; but there are too many differences in opinion between many core members and Chris that cannot be overcome.

If you need to contact Chris you can go to his forum and message him.
http://www.oldschooldaw.com/forums/index.php

Listen my friend, back then i was wrong. i really thought getting rid of him would be the solution. that was more a reaction in anger. actually this time around i put him in my iggy bin and the problem was solved. now you looking at a lot more headaches, you have to watch ip's to keep him out or analyze traffic. he can use a vpn/proxy to make it a little more interesting. if that doesnt sound like work i dont know. as long as he doesnt have a title to physically damage the forum again (yes everybody can jump on my neck now) let him be here. all you have to do is add him to the iggy bin and  everybody should do the same thing. who knows if it turns from his point of view into a ghost town here he might leave on his own :D  keep it stress free my friend

Offline Mat

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 10:08:04 PM »
let him be here. all you have to do is add him to the iggy bin and  everybody should do the same thing. who knows if it turns from his point of view into a ghost town here he might leave on his own :D 
It is not that easy! He always has the new users, and there are already a lot of them, so it will never become a ghost town. As you know he attacked every new user when they started to be part of this community after 50 or 100 postings.
And you cannot know what he is doing to new users with PNs. First all of us thought it is a single private attack, until we got that he is doing it to everybody.
Another problem would be, that he would go on filling the forum with strange mainly uniterresting google links, and every "outside" person will read this and wonder. Also "ignoring" him by software, would  mean that I always have to log in, but often i just step by, without logging in, to see if there are some interresting new threads.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 04:38:57 AM »
Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 10:34 AM
hey BT
its ChrisNova777
i saw u post on macos9lives.com saying u dont know how to get more than 16 chanels in voyetra? well first of all
im not longer on the macos9lives.com site
honestly most of the people on that site are not original thinkers
and are pretty unintelligent in their lack of direction
i no longer frequent that site daily
i have my own site instead that is at www.oldschooldaw.com
where i post information i find relevant....

basically if u dont have support for "secondary midi interface" use with voyetra
u are NOT USING the right version which is 4.11
u probably have v4.10 which was posted on turtlebeachs site for free
but this version does not include the ability to use more than one MPU or soundcard at the same time

http://www.oldschooldaw.com/forums/index.php?topic=2744.msg3960#msg3960

visit here to learn what i know
cheers

that diehard guy is a crook..
he collects donations for his site
but yet all the people who come htere usualy
come there because of hte info i added to their site
and he kick/banned me from participating in the discussions
because why? because of his own pride. and his own feeling of insecurity standing in my shadow

anyway
u usually dont respond to me either lol
so whatever
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 04:39:15 AM »
LOL
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 05:33:32 AM »
Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 10:34 AM
hey BT
its ChrisNova777
i saw u post on macos9lives.com saying u dont know how to get more than 16 chanels in voyetra? well first of all
im not longer on the macos9lives.com site

Thank god.

In the 6th or 7th attack to a member (nanopico were called wannabe or something as childish, IIRC), after he were allowed to join the forum again with another name (geforce4), he acted wrong and I pushed Diehard to warn him and to demand he apologize. He just preferred to logout than to apologize.

Original members: DieHard and MacTron imaging Mac OS 9 DAW discs on 2010 and 2011 are still alive and kicking. Worth mention Knez (that loggedout because of 777 lack of empathy). We could gain him again as Knezzen. IIO has almost always been around. Also devilsadvisor. Forgive me any original member I didn`t mention.
and are pretty unintelligent in their lack of direction
???
I no longer frequent that site daily

So even been banned he still is around and watching us.
i have my own site instead that is at www.oldschooldaw.com
where i post information i find relevant....

Good luck with your site. At least you got it more sorted there that some post you did here.

It has been a really hard work to sort all his legacy. A lot of Mac OS X posts, plugs that are OSX only and his up-to triple posting asking for the same thing (plugs that are Protools Free compatible)

Some of his posts worth be sticky. Some have good info. But he is not the only Mac OS 9 expert in the world. He just spent a good amount of time searching for info and shared that with us. We sorted together all the info. It wasn`t just Him. 

that diehard guy is a crook..
8)

he collects donations for his site
but yet all the people who come htere usualy
come there because of hte info i added to their site
I have seen statistics and this is far from true.

and he kick/banned me from participating in the discussions
because why? because of his own pride. and his own feeling of insecurity standing in my shadow

It wasn`t Diehard pride but nova's. I demanded nova777 to apologize his bad words with the offended part and he  preferred to logout.

Anyone that knows both Diehard and nova777 has taken Diehard's way.

Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline dr bu

• Silver Member
  • Max/Msp 4.1 lives!
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 06:06:48 AM »
Ive always been around. and im happier than mr happy about that  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
lookin for original M-audio audiophile 2496 drivers (ver 1.x)!!

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 07:21:49 AM »
I'm hesitant to even poke this topic with a stick, however recently while checking out some SVP info I came came across a link to his site so I clicked on it... right a the TOP of the page there was a rant about BT ripping him off!! There was a story to go along with it too but I didn't stay around to investigate. I just took a peek back there but it seems it's now closed off to 'guests'... you have to log in.

Well... we ALL have our issues I suppose but you have to admit...DieHard IS a CROOK!!! Haha! ;D ;D ;D

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 07:22:51 AM »
Ive always been around. and im happier than mr happy about that  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Now THAT is happy!!!! ;D ;D

Offline DieHard

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 08:19:39 AM »
I do have to admin I'm rich !!!

Total donations since 2012.. about $180

Cost to run site $0, online storage $0

I'm gonna roll around in all this cash :)

Mactron, ProTools5LEGuy, also get 50% of all this profit for their hard work... let's see 50% of 0 is...

I am sure they would both agree that the purpose of the site was to keep a dying legacy alive NOT to make $, that is why we never opened things up to Windows or OS X as Mr. Nova pushed for...there are many sites for those users already.

We are not going anywhere, fuck the budget in 2018, we will continues to open our base up to ALL Classic Mac OS Users and we will continue to provide free content to all the great musicians on a budget and to all those who want to think a little differently about planned obsolescence and enjoy some nostalgia.

Offline Fury deBongo

• Consistant Contributor
  • "It's ALIVE!"
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2017, 09:22:31 AM »
Okay, now I AM honestly shamed that I did not contribute more cash recently. AND, just as soon as I get my MDD back up off it's knees, I promise to make another contribution. :)
This Must Be The Place - Talking Heads

Offline DieHard

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 10:35:15 AM »
Okay, now I AM honestly shamed that I did not contribute more cash recently. AND, just as soon as I get my MDD back up off it's knees, I promise to make another contribution. :)

No worries...no shame... everything is appreciated,  but the goal is to help our OS 9 community, not make money.

We are off to a great start in 2017 and we have grown, I cannot be happier :)

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 02:56:31 PM »
donating money to diehard has nothing to do with paying for warez, which is the last thing we would want to encourage people to do.

and you should only give if you really can afford.

however, if donations would raise to a certain level, this would of course help the project to be developed further including expenses for whatever additional service.

and today, as an url owner in general, you never know what risk is waiting for you tomorrow...
"It is true that the "pre-emptive multitasking" advantage present in OS X can be illustrated by downloading CD-ROM ISOs and rendering chaos theory formulas while simultaneously instant messaging and posting on FaceBook what you ate... but in reality, what did you create?"
- DieHard, random forum troll at macos9lives.com

Offline DieHard

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 03:55:18 PM »
donating money to diehard has nothing to do with paying for warez

Where do we have warez ?  Most of our content is 95% Purchased abandon-ware AFAIK