Author Topic: Forcing ATI Displays to ID all ATI video cards/chipsets - possible?  (Read 3480 times)

Offline MacOS Plus

• Gold Member
  • The 9serve Lives!
  Fiddling with monitors and video cards today got me wondering about something.  The "ATI Displays" control panel is supposed to be for retail edition video cards.  Anything OEM or it doesn't know about, like the Radeon 9200LE, it reports as "Unknown ATI Graphics".  I think it would be helpful to many users if it were capable of properly identifying these 'unknown' cards.

I know there are graphical renditions of the supported card names stored in the file.  What I don't know is where is keeps a table of all of these cards it's supposed to know about.  If that table can be edited then we might be able to add the missing card descriptions so that more or all of the missing ones are properly identified.

Thoughts?

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
Re: Forcing ATI Displays to ID all ATI video cards/chipsets - possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 11:35:45 AM »
its unknown because it (9200LE revision card/chip whatever) probably came out after 2004 after they stopped supporting the mac os 9 os 100%
they would have added the support in at some later update or something had jobs not been so dramatic about the demise of mac os