Author Topic: 'copy group' for kontakt 1 ?  (Read 4862 times)

Offline VMS

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
'copy group' for kontakt 1 ?
« on: October 21, 2016, 05:19:13 PM »
oh hey
i wonder if i can copy groups from one patch to another in kontakt 1
so far, all i can see is 'copy zone'.

Offline paule

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
Re: 'copy group' for kontakt 1 ?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 11:44:18 PM »
Hi VMS,
I think it is not so difficult to get the stuff copied. Just hit the EDIT button in an instrument as usual, choose "MAPPING EDITOR". First uncheck "EDIT ALL". Then select the group you want to copy. Then go to SHOW ALL GROUPS and select firstly "SHOW NONE" and secondly after that choose the group you want to copy. Now only one group is selected shown with a little marker on the side.
Also you should see now in the MAPPING EDITOR only the zones of this group which you plan to copy. Okay, now choose in the EDIT MENU of the MAPPING EDITOR the "COPY ZONES". Switch to an empty group and just PASTE these zones to the new group. Voila! Maybe not the most comfortable way, but this is how it works in Kontakt 1.2.

Best, paule.

Offline VMS

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 10:34:21 AM »
Hi VMS,
I think it is not so difficult to get the stuff copied. Just hit the EDIT button in an instrument as usual, choose "MAPPING EDITOR". First uncheck "EDIT ALL". Then select the group you want to copy. Then go to SHOW ALL GROUPS and select firstly "SHOW NONE" and secondly after that choose the group you want to copy. Now only one group is selected shown with a little marker on the side.
Also you should see now in the MAPPING EDITOR only the zones of this group which you plan to copy. Okay, now choose in the EDIT MENU of the MAPPING EDITOR the "COPY ZONES". Switch to an empty group and just PASTE these zones to the new group. Voila! Maybe not the most comfortable way, but this is how it works in Kontakt 1.2.

Best, paule.
thanks for the detailed reply, paule!
any tricks for copying group settings?
eg: parameters of filter,EQ,effects..etc

Offline paule

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 11:34:52 AM »
No, I am sorry. I am not really a kontakt professional. ;-)

Best, paule.

Offline VMS

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 12:06:41 PM »
No, I am sorry. I am not really a kontakt professional. ;-)

Best, paule.
NVM :)