Author Topic: Here in the US, the presidential election is definitely the Focus  (Read 10851 times)

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
OK... I hate to talk politics and I do not normally following the elections, but this year is different.

There am many reasons, too long to mention in this post, that the media is concerning me and I am very alarmed by the current regime's ability to control information on an unprecedented level; and here in America, I  feel we need a change.

So... I am very interested in any views from friends around the world... what do you guys think of Trump and Hilary and why ?

Let's all remain friends... these are just opinions :)

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Here in the US, the presidential election is definitely the Focus
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 11:21:12 AM »

Let's all remain friends...

Good luck with that!! Haha! ;D

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 11:23:22 AM »
The WHOLE thing is such a depressing circus! :'(

Offline nanopico

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 11:52:23 AM »
This guy is probably the most honest guy I've seen run.  He will tell you straight up that he will lie to you. (posting this as a funny item, even though the guy really does run).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g6Ba0Uc9bM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, or break it so you can fix it!

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 04:20:37 PM »
the trump fence is estimated with 1 bill in tax money, dont think he will pay for it but bet on it he has already the companys who do the job so the money go straight into his account. that fucker means war. going back to iraq to take the oil is bull. cutting off the asians from the market will tear the country up because they want their debts paid in full. you looking at a total war .... china north korea the russians and the islamic countrys

Offline Mat

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 02:13:45 AM »
OK... I hate to talk politics
Why? If we like to make this world a better place we have to talk. Well I can understand that you don´t follow politicians, but politics is so much more!

So... I am very interested in any views from friends around the world... what do you guys think of Trump and Hilary and why ?
Hmm, well I am wondering what you "over there" are accepting in first place. This doesn´t feel like democracy. To me it is more a kind of a huge show. Always the same, no matter who is in the first line. The question of person x vs. person y should sidetrack all of you from the real problems.
No chance for a real change. None of the smaller candidates have any chance. President will become who works best for those who own. Sanders campaing will be the most "change" you´ll ever see. Nothing will happen. Or did you get the feeling something is moving, after we had the proove by Snowden?

Well I´d suggest to read more Chomsky, and don´t follow their game "x or y" ;)

Sad for the damned, who live in areas of gestategic interrests or with raw material deposits all over the world. Be it Ukraine, Syria, Pakistan, half Africa, ...

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 02:59:48 AM »

We don't see major differences about US being ruled by Democrats or Republicans. We only see differences about "foreign operations" being performed by CIA, Pentagon or other agencies, sometimes in opposite directions ...  always causing damage to other countries.

I can show a bunch of examples of past and present operations of this kind.

Let's all remain friends... these are just opinions :)
Ofcourse we can remain being friends. The US government is just a comedy for the US citizens, because actually it only serve to big corporations. They only take care of the US people if they are focused by a camera lens, otherwise they are as disposable as other countries people .

Well I´d suggest to read more Chomsky, and don´t follow their game "x or y" ;)
You are right, I know about Chomsky ideas.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 09:31:04 AM by MacTron »
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 08:26:45 AM »

Hey this is very interesting to hear 'outside' views! Thanks and keep them coming! ;D

Nice idea DieHard. ;D

Offline Steve_W

• Enthusiast Member
  • 88 MPH
    • UK Mac Files
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 04:04:49 AM »
The circus that we see here in the UK is the same as you see it in the US!  I can't believe that out of a population of what, 300 million?  These are the 2 people you are left to choose from!

As far as I'm concerned, the vote should go to whoever doesn't start World War 3!  And at the moment, that looks like Trump!  However, I'm not naive enough to think that your president is elected, I believe they are selected anyway, and that whoever gets in will in turn be run by a global puppet master shadow government.

The whole posturing, finger pointing, accusations, the stuff dragged up from the past 30 years... it's just entertainment!

Whatever happens I'm sure it'll overshadow any real news until the nukes start flying!
Powermac MDD dual 1.25ghz (9.2.2/10.4.11)/Powermac MDD 867mhz (9.2.2)/12 inch Powerbook G4 (9.2.2)/15 inch Powerbook G4 (10.4.11)/Powermac G5 (10.7.5)

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 09:27:31 AM »
I've been lobbying for a 'None of the Above' on the ballot. If 'None of the Above' gets more votes than either of the candidates then they have to start over with DIFFERENT candidates!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 02:13:51 PM »
well dont forget you dont get to vote the president actually
thats happening in d.c.

so what the hell is all that about

Offline iRolleder

• Valued Member
  • new from Germany
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 11:56:20 AM »
Hey :),

I would have posted something earlier but there was to much work to do. I am a bit confused about the american "way" of voting. I read a lot these day's about the US elections, more or less because of the two big candidates...
Here in Germany you don't have to register to get to the polls. You will be registered when you get born. But thats not the problem. I know most countries do it that way. But maybe that way its easier.

The wired things about the US election system in my opinion are the following:

First, the constituency is set every 10 (?) years again by the actual politicians, to increase the chance to win... right? (I read this on wikipedia)  :o

Second, every state has its own law/rule for the election. If there is a distribution of the election men e.g. 5 for candidate A and 6 for candidate B - Candidate B will receive all 11 votes. Isn't this a bit unfair for the 45% people which vote for A?  :-X

Next, the electoral campaigns of the people who wants to get the office of presidency burns money - not a only a lot - an enormous amount of money. So, only rich people (or people who are supported by rich people) can become president?

And last, are you sure voting on computers is reliable? Isn't it relatively easy to "change" the results?! And how would you proof the results? I think its harder to fake an election when you make your tick on a sheet of  paper.

Yes I want to stay friends with you :) Maybe I misunderstood something about this and you can  clarify it. At least on one thing the situation for you in the US and for us in germany is the same - The choice you have is (from my point of view) like plague or cholera (I don't know if I have this saying in english too)  ???

But what's realy important. All kind of people, in the US, here in germany and elsewhere are sad of the actuel politics. They rule for the rich and supress the normal people... 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 02:54:30 AM by iRolleder »

Offline Patrick Philipot

• Valued Member
  • new member from France
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 01:13:42 PM »
Well, a point of view from France, for a change. However I'm a bit of an original. I'm not main stream.

I'm part of a small group, a small party (UPR if you ask) that is tired of the EU dictature ( a small group of non-elected people ruling over 500 millions people). What we aim, is what the Resistance dreamed of after 1945. Charles de Gaulle did a good part of it, but since it has been destroyed bit by bit. We do not have a money of our own, we do not have the control of our own laws, nor of peace or war. We have  been inslaved by treaties the people have rejected (2005 referendum) and imposed by corrupted governants.

As we see things from here, Mrs Clinton is the candidate of Goldmann Sachs and we think we will better off with Mr. Trump. We have many good reasons for example to have good relation with Russia, and I'm afraid it's not what Clinton wants. We want the best for France, as I imagine you want the best for the USA. The best doesn't include a war, any war.

In France the media are 100% for Mrs Clinton, up the point it's kind of ridiculous. They are also 100% pro-UE. And It's not a coïncidence.

Genuine anti-EU leaders are censured: no TV, no media coverage, no wikipedia. It's very frustrating. M.Trump beeing elected could be a change in that. We'll see tomorrow.

It's odd that our fate in France might be decided in your country.

pat

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 09:44:32 AM »
Well, a point of view from France, for a change. However I'm a bit of an original. I'm not main stream.

I'm part of a small group, a small party (UPR if you ask) that is tired of the EU dictature ( a small group of non-elected people ruling over 500 millions people). What we aim, is what the Resistance dreamed of after 1945. Charles de Gaulle did a good part of it, but since it has been destroyed bit by bit. We do not have a money of our own, we do not have the control of our own laws, nor of peace or war. We have  been inslaved by treaties the people have rejected (2005 referendum) and imposed by corrupted governants.
It's odd that our fate in France might be decided in your country.

If this happens to France, one of most powerful countries in Europe and the world. What do you expect for other countries?
Germany is a military colony of the US, UK is a US Trojan Horse , Italy and Spain aren't at its best, and the remaining countries as Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Austria, Poland etc ... simply aren't enough powerful to be free.
But together it's a real different history. "The power always return to Europe" as some historians said and nowadays that's an actual nightmare for the US.

I really understand some of the argues against the EU. But Europe should be united in this or other way.
Otherwise, we fall -even deeper-, including France, Germany and UK.

When I said US I'm refering only to US govern to the big companies service. Not the US people.
Most US citizens really will regret about his country If they know what they govern do to rest of the world.
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline Patrick Philipot

• Valued Member
  • new member from France
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 02:00:48 PM »
I did not think I would return here with Mr.Trump elected. Life is full of surprises.

I agree with MacTron that Europe is a great thing. It has produced great things, AirBus, Ariane, and many others.

But UE is not Europe. This confusion serves well the establishment. But it's a dictature always build against the people, not with the people.

UE has no respect for the people. And the people they despise the most today is you, the american people. The french newspapers are out of rage. You are described as selfish cowards, racist, and xenophobic (Le Monde), facist (Libération). No doubt they will soon suggest you to vote again.

My advise : let them know you can "Think Different".

pat

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 03:25:52 PM »
even bernie would have continued with opression, exploitation, imperialism and mass killing, and since that clown who "won" now has declared the election was fraud until ten minutes before it was clear he will win, i think so too now.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 11:51:17 PM »
I'm a right winger in most respects, particularly on the economy. I have my bone to pick with capitalism in the end but I'd rather have a meritocracy than more wealth redistribution. Trump got my vote for his tax proposals as I'm a businessman.

Trump is far from my personal ideal president, but the GOP in its entirety is even further.

I won't comment further as I'm positive I'd piss off every liberal on this forum  ;)

Offline dr bu

• Gold Member
  • inconsistent soul
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 08:07:44 AM »
if i voted, it would be with a possible society in mind.
i realize most people will let their comfort vote for them..
being easy targets for those who make promises not to keep.

also, if the laws of the street gives the decision, why not vote with fists and firearms? shit has happened before, i am afraid.
djupsinnig

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 08:13:52 AM »
Trump is obviously the best choice right now for the US.  Since he owes no alliance to the current powers in place, so we can finally have some corruption removed from both of our political parties which is very needed right now.  That, in itself, is reason for celebration at the moment.  He won with massive odds against him.  The "George Soros" types are in total shock that they lost this one, and believe me, they put a massive amount of money up to kill the Trump movement. However, Trump was able to "grab America by the pussy" and hold on.  Many Americans will be divided over this for a long time.

Our current Semi-Socialized Medicine (Obama-Care) was a disaster and will impact many who never wanted it, and now have to pay even if they opted out all together.

Well, back to work... glad it's over, hope small businesses like mine can survive, the pickings are slim... but at least I have a place to go in the AM :)   I'll keep you guys posted on the effects of the Trump presidency here locally in CA.

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2016, 09:04:30 AM »
I'm reading you guys in CA are trying to secede due to Trump  ;D