Welcome Board (Our Community, News, Mac OS Installation Help, Marketplace) > Welcome to Our Community - Guidelines, News, & Social Posts

What's the last thing you bought for your PowerPC Macs?

<< < (35/37) > >>

IIO:
according to the specs it takesagbout 5-8 times more than USB 1.1. offers (though part of the USB specs is that you may exceed that limit for like 100% for 3 seconds or something like that - plus you can count on apple or dell to offer even more headroom in their machines.

but when i connected small harddrives or a floppy drive to my quicksilver, it mostly doesnt work and the mac starts beeping. and you should really listen to her when she tells you that. :)

SSD is no problem, 2 controllers via keybord is no problem, a huge midi interface via the keyboard cen get already difficult.

a powerd hub should always work in the sense that you wont break the computer (unless you forget to turn its PSU on), however i am not sure myself if it always offers USB 2.0 current on all ports(?)

FBz:
There were several aftermarket USB floppy drives offered
for G3’s & the original iMacs.

There’s a VST here that works quite well without a hub.
(Even with G4’s - when it’s rarely ever used.)
But never have had any ill-effects from using it.

*Connected and working with a 2011 iMac right now.
Had connected / working with a G3 iBook (OS 9.2) just before.
It doesn’t like 800k discs - but 1.44 mb discs… all day long.  ;)

smilesdavis:
does anyone know if this would run somehow on a G5 quad?

keithiepoo:

--- Quote from: Knezzen on October 14, 2016, 08:16:49 AM ---I just got two packages delivered today. One had an Apple branded GeForce 4 Ti (4600) 128mb with ADC and the other a Sonnet Encore/MDX Duet 1.6ghz! Which means I have a great weekend ahed of me  -afro-

--- End quote ---

Hmm... that was back around 2009 or so. 2010 I bought an i7-based MacBook Pro. Sooo...

I think I had Maya 6.5 installed on a Mac Mini -- believe it or not. I think it was a G4-based machine. It powered a Dell LCD that I had for years afterwards for my MacBook Pro. If memory serves, I also had Illustrator and Photoshop installed. I still use those licenses on systems running older OSes.

So hard to remember. That was around 15 years ago.

smilesdavis:
Marathon Powerrack G4 3,3 with sonnet upgrade coming this week wooohoo
was looking for one for ages

powerrack 9600 still looking for if anyone knows

edit: shes here 😍
https://web.archive.org/web/20011218003520/http://www.marathoncomputer.com/prgseries.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version