Author Topic: ASIO For classic  (Read 4924 times)

Offline nanopico

• Platinum Member
ASIO For classic
« on: October 04, 2016, 09:35:30 AM »
A while back I had found an ASIO driver designed specifically for running DAW software in classic mode on OS X.
It was a strange beast and it did actually work with Cubase (that was all I tried it with).
So it was an ASIO driver you would use with whatever classic app you had and it routed directly to the OS X core audio. It did not just redirect to the Sound Manager in classic.  It was only stereo output, no input and due to the nature of OS X and classic, the performance of the DAW was not great. 

I can't find anything on this any more. Does anyone else know anything about this?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, or break it so you can fix it!

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
Re: ASIO For classic
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 10:44:16 AM »
i think that would probably be os-version-specific for earlier versions of OSX (jaguar, panther)
i remember the core midi + core audio took awhile to solidify in the early versions of X

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=398965
perhaps this is a relative conversation?

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 11:48:16 AM »
I would be interested in this also... never heard of it

Offline nanopico

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 12:59:28 PM »
i think that would probably be os-version-specific for earlier versions of OSX (jaguar, panther)
i remember the core midi + core audio took awhile to solidify in the early versions of X

if I am remembering correctly I found it shortly after Tiger was released and I think it required Panther.  I'm not 100% sure.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=398965

Not really.  Maybe?  This seems more like someone being curious if ASIO exists for OS X and if Cubase on OS X uses it.   What I'm remembering a different kind of beast.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, or break it so you can fix it!

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 03:42:18 PM »

you might want to contact neuronaut

he was the one who once started and then suddenly stopped it

insert arbitrary signature here