Author Topic: Trackball for OS 9?  (Read 4258 times)

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Trackball for OS 9?
« on: October 01, 2016, 10:20:43 PM »
So what are you crazy kids using for a track ball in OS 9?? I was perfectly happy using the 'no button' mouse but since i got my 'ProControl', which has a fairly lame track pad... and the 'edit pack' has a integrated track ball that is ergonomically retarded... So I'm wanting to try out some sort of track ball rig. Was looking at a Logitech T-RA18 Cordless TrackMan Wheel TrackBall w/Reciever that looked interesting... anybody ever try that model?

Is there some sort of list of devices supported by 'USB Overdrive' in OS 9?

Offline Mat

• Platinum Member
Re: Trackball for OS 9?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 12:36:40 AM »
I am using the "Kensington Turbo Mouse". It is a great pice of hardware. I love it a lot as it got a huge ball of 60mm! Thus you can do easy and "big" moves, but nevertheless extremely precise. Sadly it will not be usable for many as it got 2 ADB ports only.

The device is extremely robust. As the PC version (which looks exactly the same except the letters) is still sold for 120 bucks, it seems others feel the same like I do ;)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00000K4LD

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 08:59:52 AM »
Yeah Mat, those are cool... I use a version (with a row of buttons across the top) of that at the studio that I work at alot and it's 'on the list'... however I find that for me that It seems to accelerate the 'numb hand' syndrome so I just ordered one of those models with the wheel on the side (thumb ball) to see how THAT feels.  ;D

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 11:41:18 AM »
Here's the rig I got... say's OS 9.2 on the CD so hopefully this will work! ;D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232098727410?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 01:56:40 PM »
The Logitech Marble Mouse USB (wired) is excellent under OS 9 and USB Overdrive. In the Studio, it's best to keep wireless stuff to an absolute minimum

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 06:32:15 AM »
So I hooked this thing up and it works pretty good! It's gonna take a little time to get used to 'thumbing' though! No problem with wireless part and installation of the driver/utility control panel app was very easy. It's nice having a scroll wheel too and being able to define the buttons,etc is handy.

I've never tried USB Overdrive but wondering if it would provide even MORE button options than the supplied utility?

Anyway... so far so good but we'll see how it goes. ;D

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 06:39:01 AM »
Yeah Mat, those are cool... I use a version (with a row of buttons across the top) of that at the studio that I work at alot and it's 'on the list'... however I find that for me that It seems to accelerate the 'numb hand' syndrome so I just ordered one of those models with the wheel on the side (thumb ball) to see how THAT feels.  ;D

So this week when i was at studio I was paying attention to the 'numb hand' syndrome and it's directly related to the desk setup and where the Kensington is placed and how the wrist/forearm hits the end of the desk. Not much room to alter it but need to figure something out!