Author Topic: USB PCI Card not seen in System Profiler  (Read 3728 times)

Offline InsectorX

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
USB PCI Card not seen in System Profiler
« on: September 28, 2016, 12:43:44 PM »
I have 2 separate USB PCI Cards that I've tried to install into my Power Macintosh 8600.  Neither one of them gets seen in the system profiler.  The first card was a generic chinese pci card from ebay.  But the second one was a card that was advertised to work with Mac OS 9.  Neither worked for me.

I tried a few things to make them work, including: pressing the cuda reset switch for 30 seconds, switching pci slots, reinstalling Mac os 9 on a spare partition.  Nothing has worked yet.

I have a Radeon 7000 PCI plugged into the slot closest to the processor's slot, and it works fine.

Any ideas?
Power Macintosh 8600/300
w/ PowerLogix 350Mhz G3 upgrade
Running Mac OS 9.2.2  &  8.6

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: USB PCI Card not seen in System Profiler
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 01:16:30 PM »
I have 2 separate USB PCI Cards that I've tried to install into my Power Macintosh 8600

1) Search the forum for USB 1.1 Info and cards.

2) If you bought USB 2.0 Cards, they will not be seen at all

Offline ovalking

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 02:00:21 PM »
Hmm, I would expect ASP to see it - I can see my USB card with ASP in OS8.1 (which has no idea what USB is!)

Nevertheless, have you installed the 'USB Adapter Card Support' s/w? This is required for Macs without built-in USB.

http://www.virtualinformation.com/drivers/USBCardSupport.htm

Offline InsectorX

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 03:44:40 PM »
Hmm, I would expect ASP to see it - I can see my USB card with ASP in OS8.1 (which has no idea what USB is!)

Nevertheless, have you installed the 'USB Adapter Card Support' s/w? This is required for Macs without built-in USB.

http://www.virtualinformation.com/drivers/USBCardSupport.htm

I just installed USB Adapter Card support 1.4.1 for mac os 8.6.  Now I can see my USB card in the ASP!  But I can't get anything to connect.  I also installed USb Overdrive, It didn't help.  I am getting power out of the usb ports.  I've tried to search the forum, but didn't find anything helpful.
Power Macintosh 8600/300
w/ PowerLogix 350Mhz G3 upgrade
Running Mac OS 9.2.2  &  8.6