Author Topic: PowerBook G4 1.0 15 inch FW800 AI 5,2 A1046 1969 for sale Broadstairs, Kent, UK  (Read 4862 times)

Offline Steve_W

• Enthusiast Member
  • 88 MPH
    • UK Mac Files
Hi all, after much caressing I have decided to sell my beloved 15 inch PowerBook G4.  I bought it about 3 months ago and when it arrived I could hardly believe my eyes at how nice the condition was!

I bought it with the sole purpose of running some old DJ hardware, but sadly after much digging in forums there are too many hurdles to spend any more time on it.

And so it's for sale!  I have uploaded all the images to an IMGUR album so you can see how nice it is:

http://imgur.com/a/y0rTO

I have changed out the stock hard drive with a new 120GB SSD, it's in fantastic condition.

I also posted this in the Low End Mac group on FaceBook and will also put it in the "Mac OS 9 It's Still Alive!" group on FB.

I'm really looking for £150 for it as it's in pristine condition.  I have included a few snaps here but won't clog up the post!  Please check the IMGUR album for more details.

Everything wprks perfect, no defects at all.  I have included battery info in the IMGUR album, I would say it operates fine for about half an hour on a full battery, it is the original battery so maybe that's the only thing you could say is not 100%.  It's in full original retail packaging with unused adapters and unused UK plug in sealed package.

Anyway, comes from smoke free home and I hope to a mac lover!

Thanks all, Steve.

Powermac MDD dual 1.25ghz (9.2.2/10.4.11)/Powermac MDD 867mhz (9.2.2)/12 inch Powerbook G4 (9.2.2)/15 inch Powerbook G4 (10.4.11)/Powermac G5 (10.7.5)

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
I bought it with the sole purpose of running some old DJ hardware, but sadly after much digging in forums there are too many hurdles to spend any more time on it

Yes, unfortunately, Mac OS 9, does require a level of commitment and is not the easiest system to use in the modern DJ world.

We have provided many resources here to offset the learning curve in setting up a DAW for a Home/Project Studio, but we lack many DJ Tools (Think we have MixMan only). 

You gave it your best shot, to DJ with Mac OS and we all respect that... I hope the unit can find a good home :)

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
beautiful machine!

im amazed to see u saying its too dificult
lol
all the answers u need + all the softs u need are here! for free!
but ok ;) sell away!
;)

re: dj software theres only one dj software worth worrying about and thats Serato.

can a ti book run Serato on mac os X? SL1 - i would guess YES!

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
re: dj software theres only one dj software worth worrying about and thats Serato.

Hmmmm... Really.... Check this shit out, I have a customer that uses Trakor and Loves it !
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/traktor/dj-controllers/traktor-kontrol-s8/
Stems-ready decks

So you can Basically re-mix the original song on the fly on a semi-multi-track level !

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
yea they are REALLY pushijng this "STEMS" crap
i have been in many arguments on facebook + other places talking agaijnst the idea.. i dont agree with the whole concept.. a song should remain a song.. an untouchable finished artwork.. same as a book that is published is already in its final format.. eitehr read it or dont read it. play the song or dont play the song. its just something thought up by people who have no musical ability and want to remix + rip existing art from others and slap their name on it and take CREDIT for it.. we now live in a new generation of self-entitled self-interested moron opportunists who cant wait to remix something and post to their twitter and brag about how talented they are - yawn

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Well, if the songs are re-licensed as "stems" versions and not just ripped from the MOOG files off Guitar hero, then the original artist will be compensated if they release their song in that format.  I think as long as the song is represented as it's original work and is still recognizable, then a re-mix live could be very cool.

Offline Steve_W

• Enthusiast Member
  • 88 MPH
    • UK Mac Files
Interesting to read your responses fellers!  You see, here's the problem and if I could solve it, I'd pull the auction!  I use Traktor all the time and have done since 2007 when I first bought it.

My thinking was to get a nice reliable Mac laptop that was classic to use with a DVS.  So, I bought a Stanton Final Scratch Amp (In fact I bought 2, version 1 & 2) for peanuts.  I also bought a set of unused digital vinyl records for next to nothing!

I only want to be able to use simple drag and drop, I have no interest in these mysterious stems!  I just want to use my digital files the same as I do my vinyl.

SO... both amps have serial numbers on the bottom, but the FS2 amp has a couple of numbers scratched off.  I contacted the seller on eBay to see if he had a not of it to no avail...

The FS1 amp serial was not accepted!

SO... I have endlessly scoured the internet & if ANYONE can find me a nobbled version of Traktor DJ Studio I'll love you forever!

Only works on Mac OS X, well I have Tiger installed & it's real nice.  This is from Wikipedia:

"The version 2 Scratchamp is compatible with Native Instruments Traktor DJ Studio versions 2.6 and through 3.2.0.85 (Mac)"

So naturally, I'd love a fully functional version of 3.2.0.85.  Thing is, I own the poxy thing legit but no way I can use the serials!  Native Instruments were no real help so if anyone can help in here, let's just say I'll be donating!  Actually I was going to donate anyway this week as I love this site!

All/Any help much appreciated!

Cheers, Steve.
Powermac MDD dual 1.25ghz (9.2.2/10.4.11)/Powermac MDD 867mhz (9.2.2)/12 inch Powerbook G4 (9.2.2)/15 inch Powerbook G4 (10.4.11)/Powermac G5 (10.7.5)