Author Topic: Problems with M-Audio Firewire Audiophile  (Read 28118 times)

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Problems with M-Audio Firewire Audiophile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2016, 06:43:07 AM »
I was thinking about using OS X 10.4 and trying to run cubase in Classic Mode

not a good plan. dont waste your time.

ESPECIALLY since we have THIS ridiculously great download here known affectionately as the 'Instant DAW'!!! :o :o :o

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,2716.0.html

Offline joetramp

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2016, 07:24:00 AM »
It was just an idea because I like the interface. I already got rid of it (the idea) and've put the interface on ebay. :-)

Offline joetramp

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2016, 07:24:33 AM »

ESPECIALLY since we have THIS ridiculously great download here known affectionately as the 'Instant DAW'!!! :o :o :o

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,2716.0.html

Yeah. Installed it yesterday. :)

Offline Salvo B

• Newcomer
  • Cronic Misbeliever
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2016, 09:24:10 AM »
Well, I was just doing the same thing (trying to using my FW Audiophile on an iMac Indigo 500MHz w OS9.2.2) and seems that I should forget to get it working...

I will just try to be sure, but I suspect that will not works.

This device is really strange, I've got several problems on making it works with certains FW controllers in Windows 7, but using Windows XP it worked with the same "bugged" controllers.

I confirm that if the device doesn't boot properly when the headphone cue led remains off, but sometimes it worked also with that led off.

However, a couples of days ago I've found the drivers on the M-Audio site, I don't understand if any one of you guys has already tried the official drivers. I think that this will be my first shot.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 09:35:57 AM by Salvo B »

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2016, 10:48:36 AM »
It was just an idea because I like the interface. I already got rid of it (the idea) and've put the interface on ebay. :-)

good luck with your new plans Joetramp!
thanks for sharing your experience -- im sure it will help other users in the near future!

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2016, 01:27:26 PM »
I hope to find my Audiophile 24/96 again, since it's lost somewhere in the basement. ;-)
You have an MDD with PCI slots. Find yourself a Delta 44, 66 or 1010.
You'll get great, flawless operation in OS9 OR OSX at ANY rate / depth all the way to 24/96.
I've seen Delta 44s on Craigslist for as little as 25 bucks!

Offline nanopico

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2016, 02:35:19 PM »
I hope to find my Audiophile 24/96 again, since it's lost somewhere in the basement. ;-)
You have an MDD with PCI slots. Find yourself a Delta 44, 66 or 1010.
You'll get great, flawless operation in OS9 OR OSX at ANY rate / depth all the way to 24/96.
I've seen Delta 44s on Craigslist for as little as 25 bucks!

Since the 44 doesn't have any external sync I don't believe my comment coming up here applies.

96k (and 88.2) does not work in OS 9 if you have more than one card installed.  If a single card only, then yes those things are amazing cards. 
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, or break it so you can fix it!

Offline joetramp

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2016, 03:02:03 PM »
Think I'll go for the 1010 as I like several in and outputs. The Presonus FP10 is on ebay now too so it won't cost me much to get a 1010. About 130 € on ebay last time I've checked.

I'm now convinced to use the MDD instead of the G3 as it doesn't seem to have enough power for my needs. Initial idea was to use it with FM7 in standalone mode in my MIDI chain but I can't get it to make any sound through the Ozone ASIO driver. Cubase 5 performance on this machine also isn't that good. Might be enough for just midi sequencing, but not to use any plugins.

But damn does the iMac look great on the desk...

Edit:
It says

2 notches in pci card denotes powermac g5 compatibility | 1 notch means g3/g4 compatible only
here http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,362.0.html

And the one I might buy is this one http://www.ebay.de/itm/M-Audio-Delta-1010-Pci-8In-8Out-/262651102148?hash=item3d2739c3c4:g:SukAAOSw8gVX7rJJ with two notches. Is the one with 2 notches for g5 only or g3/g4/g5 compatible? Just want to be 100% sure. :)

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:14:42 PM by joetramp »

Offline nanopico

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2016, 06:35:00 PM »
Think I'll go for the 1010 as I like several in and outputs. The Presonus FP10 is on ebay now too so it won't cost me much to get a 1010. About 130 € on ebay last time I've checked.

I'm now convinced to use the MDD instead of the G3 as it doesn't seem to have enough power for my needs. Initial idea was to use it with FM7 in standalone mode in my MIDI chain but I can't get it to make any sound through the Ozone ASIO driver. Cubase 5 performance on this machine also isn't that good. Might be enough for just midi sequencing, but not to use any plugins.

But damn does the iMac look great on the desk...

Edit:
It says

2 notches in pci card denotes powermac g5 compatibility | 1 notch means g3/g4 compatible only
here http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,362.0.html

And the one I might buy is this one http://www.ebay.de/itm/M-Audio-Delta-1010-Pci-8In-8Out-/262651102148?hash=item3d2739c3c4:g:SukAAOSw8gVX7rJJ with two notches. Is the one with 2 notches for g5 only or g3/g4/g5 compatible? Just want to be 100% sure. :)

I have both the two notch and the one notch.  They all work in g3/g4 but only the two notch works in some g5's.  My experience has been that the two notch one though is not stable in OS 9, but works perfect for OS X.  It was a rev that was created after they stopped writing updates for the os 9 drivers.s

Offline joetramp

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2016, 01:14:14 AM »
So I better look out for one with 1 notch.

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2016, 08:05:58 AM »
the two notch delta 1010 version will work on all..(mac g5, g4, g3) as well as old + new PCs so better to get it.. the 1 notch version will only work in pci 2.1 or pci 2.2 (?) 5v PCI (usually 32bit) systems which i think would means pentium 4 + pentium 3 or mac g3 + powermac pci systems.

u should pay a little less for the 1 notch version (because its outdated)
i got one for 60$ 2 years ago giving me 2 x 2 notch a 1 x 1 notch

Offline nanopico

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2016, 10:29:28 AM »
the two notch delta 1010 version will work on all..(mac g5, g4, g3) as well as old + new PCs so better to get it.. the 1 notch version will only work in pci 2.1 or pci 2.2 (?) 5v PCI (usually 32bit) systems which i think would means pentium 4 + pentium 3 or mac g3 + powermac pci systems.

u should pay a little less for the 1 notch version (because its outdated)
i got one for 60$ 2 years ago giving me 2 x 2 notch a 1 x 1 notch

The two notch will not work on all G5.  The later pci express ones will not work at all.  The 4 RAM slot models will not work either.    They will work in that they are recognized and can be used, but there are timing issues and you pretty much are guaranteed drop outs on a very regular basis.