Author Topic: motu WAVEEDIT? for mac integration with Akai DR4 hard disk recorder  (Read 5564 times)

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MOTU-WaveEdit-DR4d-DR4vr-Audio-Editing-Mac-Software-RARE-Mark-of-the-Unicorn-/331976656670?hash=item4d4b59c71e:g:U9UAAOSwZQxW4T1D

never heard of this berfore.. anyone else have any insight to offer?
i have no idea when this is from.
80s?
 the design looks pretty 80s!

Mark of the Unicorn MOTU WaveEdit Software for Macintosh OS7 - 9 with 2x Master key disks (dongles) for editing / importing Akai DR4d and DR4vr files

Very RARE software - Key disks checked and working . This software is the ONLY way to connect your computer (Mac) to your Akai DR4 hard disk recorder. Allows not only graphical editing of your audio files, but also editing features NOT in the onboard DR4 menu (like Reverse, Normalise, Pencil tool waveform editing, phase invert, merging, Fade in and out, gain change) and allows both importing audio files (defined by setting in and out points) and exporting too you DR4 HD recorder unit.

You will need the SCSI B interface card on your DR4, PLD chip EL 414965JI and also version 3.0 or higher firmware. If you device doesn't have the PLD chip the software will still work but you may experience crashed . All DR4vr units are fully compatible from my experience. I can't comment on the DR4d units. Macintosh computer will require min 4mb RAM.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:49:11 PM by geforceg4 »

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: motu WAVEEDIT?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 11:40:24 PM »
I am at a loss.. don't remember this one at all

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
Re: motu WAVEEDIT?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 11:45:08 PM »
apparently was for the akai dr4d recorder?

"This software is the ONLY way to connect your computer (Mac) to your Akai DR4 hard disk recorder."
so does that mean its frm early 90s?