Classic Mac OS Software (Discussions on Applications) > DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) General Discussions

Is there an official Diehard instant DAW thread?

(1/6) > >>

Steve_W:
Hi all, after successfully installing the great instant DAW on my MDD Powermac 3,6 I'm really keen to start messing with it and adding stuff, installing various bits and bobs and I wondered if there was an official thread to discuss anything related to it?

My first question is can you drag all files from the boot volume to another volume and it'll just boot exactly the same?  I guess CCC would do that?

Admin please move to relevant thread if need be, cheers!

geforceg4:
u dont need an official thread.. its just a save point to save u the trouble of having to install all that basic stuff to get u up and running fast..... whatever u need to talk about now, address it specifically and discuss that specific program or plugin !

theres more than enough software specific zones in the forums site here
ie: if talking about cubase , make a post in the cubase section etc
diehard obviously is firmly rooted in the steinberg camp.

congrats on your instant DAW + good luck ;)

DieHard:

--- Quote from: Steve_W on September 22, 2016, 11:07:18 AM ---My first question is can you drag all files from the boot volume to another volume and it'll just boot exactly the same?  I guess CCC would do that?
Admin please move to relevant thread if need be, cheers!

--- End quote ---

No, Draging the files will give you a bootable OS 9 Volume, but the authorized plugins will NOT work; the beauty of the ASR (please search the forum) is that it will recreate details of a volume so precisely, that the copy protected audio plugins still function :)

Steve_W:
Excellent, I ended up using the full restore as I had done first time round and all worked great!!!

I installed Pro Tools last night and tonight is the final stage before I start getting those old songs up!  I'll be installing Logic and all my old VST instruments and plugins, then it's just a case of loading a song up and telling Logic where to find all the audio files and I'm away!

I'm hoping to get some old projects fully up and running and I'll post some video and share in here when I'm done.

Thanks guys! Salut!

mrhappy:
Most excellent!! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version