Author Topic: Desperately Searching for two specific Spectrasonics libraries  (Read 8689 times)

Offline Veneteaou

• new to the forums
Hey guys,

I've been involved in a project attempting a very in-depth recreation of a 90s soundtrack (Diablo 2), and part of it is using as much of the original equipment as possible. The major snag I've hit is in tracking down two libraries without having to shell out hundreds of dollars for outdated 90s samples:

- Spectrasonics' Heart of Asia (3 CD set)
- Spectrasonics' Symphony of Voices (4 CD set)

I'm holding out hope that these forums, and their dedication to late 90s and early 00s music production, might be able to get them to me, or at least point me in a cheaper direction than Ebay. I'm happy with anything, including just individual CDs, and in any sample format.

Please and thank you to anyone who can be of help.

Offline VMS

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Desperately Searching for two specific Spectrasonics libraries
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 12:51:45 PM »
um...they are actually quite popular ones among AKAI samples, thus easy to find, try wareZ sites/torrents

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 03:34:54 PM »
lol @ "outdated" samples.
how does a sample get outdated?
if anything they just become rare + hard to find.. but i dont agree with saying that 90s samples can be "outdated" quite the opposite i think samples from the 90s are superior to alot of "modern" samples

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 03:40:56 PM »
you probably wont get much help finding this from people on this site because its common knowledge to most members here that spectras*nics actively enforces their copy protection + that they exercise anti-piracy protocol. and are actively looking for people who violate their piracy policies.

honestly this isnt hte place to ask for spectras*nics stuff because quite frankly the members here are not willing to jeopardize losing this site (which is now a critical resource for vintage powerpc audio enthusiasts) over helping u save money on a sample cd from 1992.

i will say that if u arent lazy + can google u can probably find it without anyones help.

or u can just buy it here https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/legacy/heartofasia.php
https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/legacy/symphonyofvoices.php

another thing is people into this stuff have alot of respect for eric persing's sound design. but yea.. its most probable that noone else will answer this question at all.. because we dont want spectras*nics getting pissed at macos9lives.com and trying to get the site shut down because of a stupid thread like this.. u shouldnt even be typing the name spectras*nics here without censoring it if u ask me.

in fact i vote the admin censor the brand name from this thread including the url i just post. just to be safe.

Offline Veneteaou

• new to the forums
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 03:59:17 PM »
VMS:
I have, and they've ended in downloads that don't finish, don't exist, or want to eat my HD. Torrents are no longer seeded, at least not ones on public trackers.

These libraries have fallen off in popularity more recently, as Spectrasonics merged some/much of both into Omnisphere 2. I was going to attempt using that instead, except documentation on what is or is not from these original libraries means that I would have to just test each and every patch and hope I could recognize sounds by ear - not fun with a 42GB sound library.

Geforceg4:
I agree with you. However, the tech (especially software) community is constantly chasing the latest and greatest, and thus avenues like Ebay are usually selling them at collector's prices (which is beyond my budget).

Also, I understand how some companies come down on the copyright stuff. The only reason I've asked here is because these specific libraries have been offered for circulation on these boards before (figured a forum search would be worth a shot and came up with several).

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 04:22:40 PM »
unfortunately spectras*nics has been rumoured to be very vigilant in their piracy claims + disputes online

so yea.. not worth losing the whole site over it.. sorry

Offline VMS

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 05:28:34 PM »
edit:
go to audioZ

use vietget for premium links
http://www.vietget.net/

AFAIK,
spectras*nics isnt that vigilant regarding vintage samples but Zer* G is,
even posting something from 1992 would get your account banned
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:27:15 PM by VMS »

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 06:03:32 PM »
please guys dont post stuff like this publicly
its not worth the risk

Offline VMS

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 07:30:46 PM »
please guys dont post stuff like this publicly
its not worth the risk
done
btw, if anyone has any of the following cds, plz send me a PM
they are very difficult to find, even on ebay...

Prosonus - The Orchestral Collection (AKAI 1CD)
Propeller Island - Complete Gamelon (AKAI 1CD)
Prosonus - Grand Piano (AKAI 1CD)
Best Service - Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra 97 upgrade  (AKAI 3CDs)
East West - Percussive Adventures (AKAI ?CD)