Author Topic: edit Kompakt patches  (Read 7477 times)

Offline VMS

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
edit Kompakt patches
« on: August 17, 2016, 11:09:49 AM »
hey guys
any tips about editing Kompakt patches?

well you know...
using kontakt for that will cause the alert "CAUTION: This patch is in Kontakt format and is unlike to sound as intended" when loading the edited patch

there must be an effective way to get it done, East West even added CC11 as expression in their libraries....

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
Re: edit Kompakt patches
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 12:39:55 PM »
You can edit them in Kompakt ... unless you need to edit something that is not in the kompakt interface.
Any way, if you edit Kompakt patches in Kontakt, you shouldn't see that alert when you load them back in Kompakt. This alert is  only shown when you load in Kompakt a Kontakt original patch (edited or not) .
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline VMS

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 01:05:35 PM »
You can edit them in Kompakt ... unless you need to edit something that is not in the kompakt interface.
Any way, if you edit Kompakt patches in Kontakt, you shouldn't see that alert when you load them back in Kompakt. This alert is  only shown when you load in Kompakt a Kontakt original patch (edited or not) .
yea i meant something like sample mapping, sample volume...etc
and im not the only one got this alert

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/can-kompakt-play-kontakt-samples.7755/

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 09:20:33 AM »
I never had this issue loading Kompakt patches previously edited in Kontakt.
Which version of Kompakt and Kontakt  are you using?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:32:22 PM by MacTron »

Offline VMS

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 03:00:20 AM »
ok i now know what the problem is
and what you said is ture

i accidentally copied the samples to an empty kontakt patch
that's why i got the alert.

btw, do you know how to batch-convert foreign format (eg. gig, sf2, fxp) to kompakt ?

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 10:12:01 AM »
btw, do you know how to batch-convert foreign format (eg. gig, sf2, fxp) to kompakt ?

Converting sampler formats sometimes is Black Magic. It depends a lot on the source and destination  formats. Chickensys Translator can deal with Kompakt formats. IIRC
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 12:53:23 PM by MacTron »

Offline VMS

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 01:55:05 AM »

Converting sampler formats sometimes is Black Magic. It depends a lot on the source and destination  formats. Chickensys Translator can deal with Kompakt formats. IIRC
thanks

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 06:06:58 AM »

Unfortunately the Kompakt format file that Chickensys Translator create isn't compatible with the Mac Os 9 Kompakt version . I just checked this.

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 06:43:08 AM »
Unfortunately the Kompakt format file that Chickensys Translator create isn't compatible with the Mac Os 9 Kompakt version . I just checked this.

what if u use an older version of chicken sys?
if u used a version frm 2004 or earlier theres probably a good chance that the developer of the app made sure it was compatible with mac os 9 kontakt version!

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 07:10:13 AM »

what if u use an older version of chicken sys?
if u used a version frm 2004 or earlier theres probably a good chance that the developer of the app made sure it was compatible with mac os 9 kontakt version!

We are talking about Kompakt not Kontakt.

Kompakt have a really short live as a sampler, It lived a lot longer as a  ROMpler with a huge variety of "branded" fixed libraries.
I have tested Chickensys Translator 2.9 from 2007. and it generates Kompakt files for Kompakt versions 1.0.5 or 1.0.6 files ( Kontakt v2 compatible ) that can't be open with the Kompakt versions for Mac Os 9 (Kompakt 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 and Rompler only versions 1.0.2 and 1.0.3)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 02:45:15 PM by MacTron »

Offline VMS

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2016, 10:08:32 AM »
ok, so far i can pretty much confirm that chicken translator cann't convert things to Kompakt format, only to either Kontakt v1 or v2.

i repeat, it convert things to Kontakt format, not Kompakt (tested with legal Kompakt v1.0.8 )

tested versions:
v5.9 (legal)
v2.9 (AIR team)
v2.9 (H2O team)

i now seem to understand why most chicken system related threads in KVR ended up in complaining...

Offline VMS

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 10:31:58 AM »
oh yea one more thing

the one from H2O team can batch unencrypt nki v1.X format
for example kompakt libraries from east west
(right click a folder>program tools>fix references)

and with the help of unnks.....
you can convert those kompkat libraries to unencrypted kontakt format painlessly...