Author Topic: Logic 2.5  (Read 8219 times)

Offline Lordgiffnock

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
Logic 2.5
« on: August 05, 2016, 10:03:41 PM »

Hello guys ,thanks for having me.
I've been a long time Atari Notator user,over 20 years.
I've recently purchased logic 2.5 audio for Mac with both dongles and a Yamaha cbx d-5 and I have the logic cbx extension.
I have no experience with old macs but I've also purchased a Performa 6360
The Mac appears to be working fine but when I try to open logic it freezes and I'm left with the logic start up screen,actually if I leave it for about 30min it does eventually open.
I wondered if it had some thing to do with audio part of logic so I reinstalled the midi only part but same problem?
I haven't installed a midi interface yet so I was wondering if this had something to do with the problem .
Any ideas?

Offline coachla

• Veteran Member
Re: Logic 2.5
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 12:00:31 AM »
Very strange...This post with our replies is now mysteriously appearing in Our Community section, so I'm replying here again to Lordgiffnock:

Lordgiffnock..I started on Atari too....Lucky you to find those dongles. You can run versions 3 and 4 with them.I think those versions should launch on your Performa. I would suggest try launching 4.7, so you can watch the initialization sequence at the bottom of the startup logo window. I don't have 2.5 handy, but I just launched 2.02 on my G4 MDD dual 1.25 (with errors, of course) and 2.02 doesn't show that info.  Does launching 2.5 show that info?  Try version 4.7 just to read that info where it might be sticking. That might tell us something. I wonder if a PCI card or any other expansion card is confusing Logic. I suggest temporarily pulling out all OMS extensions (from the extensions folder in the system folder) onto your desktop and let Logic use its builtin drivers for the time being. OMS 2.3.8 installer should contain the X64 driver, however Logic's builtin drivers can find that interface. I doubt no connected interface would cause what you are experiencing. You could also disable ALL extensions by holding down the shift key on startup. Logic 2.5 should still launch with no extensions. That would be a starting point. Keep us posted what happens.

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 07:41:43 AM »

Hello guys ,thanks for having me.
I've been a long time Atari Notator user,over 20 years.
I've recently purchased logic 2.5 audio for Mac with both dongles and a Yamaha cbx d-5 and I have the logic cbx extension.
I have no experience with old macs but I've also purchased a Performa 6360
The Mac appears to be working fine but when I try to open logic it freezes and I'm left with the logic start up screen,actually if I leave it for about 30min it does eventually open.
I wondered if it had some thing to do with audio part of logic so I reinstalled the midi only part but same problem?
I haven't installed a midi interface yet so I was wondering if this had something to do with the problem .
Any ideas?

yea sounds to me like theres some type of technical configuration bug that might be causing that ??? could be the wrong version of OMS installed? i think u want to run version 2.3.4 ? which is the current version for the same time period as logic 2.5 (i think.. not 100% sure)

is there anyway u can take photos + show everyone what the logic 2.5 packing materials + box + dongles look like??

Offline John Hill

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 12:10:10 AM »
Hi
the yamaha cbx unit sold for, initially $4000. I have one. many others do to. They cant be usefully used with logic emagic without a floppy disk that had 2 authorisations . If you used them up, tried to copy it , or if it became mouldy the cbx was useless.
if you a logic audio authorisation disk its both worth money, to give to someone to back engineer and it is very sought after
I would love a digital version of it and many others would too
every 6 months or so I check to see if it might out there..............im still looking
[email protected] .au
john

macStuff

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 03:21:26 AM »
i have a friend who has perfected the ability to copy original macintosh floppies such as that
so if u ever find a disk with the authorizations - it is possible to duplicate such disks, but only by
those who have the hardware + Education on how to do so.

Offline John Hill

Re: Logic 2.5 cbx extension disc
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 02:55:09 PM »
The Logic 2.5 cbx extension disc original floppy came with 2 authorisations . I tried to copy the disk and it used up an authorisation. I still run logic 2.5 with performa 580 and a audiomedia LC card BUT my cbx d5 wont connect . The : Logic 2.5 cbx extension disc is corrupt or damaged or all used up .If anyone has one, treat it with great care.

Offline refinery

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 07:35:29 PM »
that's so phenomenally stupid.... why make software authorize when it requires dedicated hardware to even operate? especially at that price point.
got my mind on my scsi and my scsi on my mind

macStuff

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 09:29:26 PM »
The Logic 2.5 cbx extension disc original floppy came with 2 authorisations . I tried to copy the disk and it used up an authorisation. I still run logic 2.5 with performa 580 and a audiomedia LC card BUT my cbx d5 wont connect . The : Logic 2.5 cbx extension disc is corrupt or damaged or all used up .If anyone has one, treat it with great care.

any chance you can share a photo of the audiomedia LC card?

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2023, 03:57:43 AM »
http://web.archive.org/web/19970429043825/http://www.emagic.de/english/products/mac/LA_CBXExt.html

LOGIC Audio CBX Extension for Mac OS
Yamaha's CBX-D3 and CBX-D5 Support for LOGIC Audio Mac OS
The CBX Extension is designed to get the most from LOGIC Audio Mac OS with Yamaha's CBX-D3 and D5 Digital Recording Processors. Connect up to 2 CBX units to even medium powered SCSI-equipped Macs for a total of CBX eight audio tracks and use any combination of CBX units for maximum flexibility. The CBX Extension can be used in conjunction with other LOGIC Audio Extensions to allow you to easily customise your digital audio system.
Record and play up to eight tracks of professional quality digital audio (4 per linked CBX unit) using a wide range of Macintosh models from Performas to Powerbooks; the CBX processes the audio data internally while its CPU accesses your harddrive, leaving your Macintosh to run LOGIC Audio at maximum speed. This is a great advantage for those who don't have access to a high-end Mac but want to enter the world of high quality digital multitrack effectively and economically. For those already using other audio hardware - for instance, Digidesign's Audiomedia or Session 8 - or even Macintosh's Sound Manager 3.0 and the computer's 16-bit audio in/outs (AV), the CBX-D3 and D5 from Yamaha represents a truly flexible method of expanding your existing system. Of course, all the power utilities of the Digital Factory can be used regardless of your choice of hardware.

The CBX Extension can be used alongside LOGIC Audio 2.6's built-in AV or DAE support simultaneously; simply choose the Output Device from a convenient menu. All audio files recorded within LOGIC Audio are 100% compatible and can be freely exchanged. As when using other hardware options, LOGIC Audio automatically scans your system and creates the appropriate control surface for the CBX using its unique Universal Audio Object. Current LOGIC Audio owners will appreciate the familiarity offered by this level of integration, while new users will appreciate the transparent setup procedures and smooth learning curve.
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2023, 03:59:33 AM »

not only treat it with care, send it to DiskBlitz of Applesauce directly to save it
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts