Author Topic: Ultimate Sawtooth for sale  (Read 3277 times)

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Ultimate Sawtooth for sale
« on: July 05, 2016, 06:56:50 PM »
Hey everybody. This just popped up on a Facebook group and I'm passing it along because it's a once-in-a-blue-moon deal.
This is the text from the posting:

I'm looking to potentially sell my Power Mac G4 (1999) AGP Graphics model, it's upgraded beyond hell, and is in pretty good condition. Before you ask: Yeah, it has the special driver installed for viewing 128GB+ partitions. The 500GB drive is not included.

1.6 GHz Sonnet G4

2GB SDRAM PC-100 (4x 512 OWC)

250GB Boot

300GB Storage (Slave)

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (Flashed, with good cooler)

Nvidia GeForce 5200 FX Ultra 128MB (It's actually a 5500 PC card with a 5200 ROM that for some reason works, so yeah)

USB 2.0 PCI 4x ports card

Superdrive (cause what else should even be in here, right?)

Comes with original 400 MHz CPU card.

I wanna get a decent price for it, however, I'm aware few people would offer what I'm initially looking to get, around $150 or so. The oldest OS it is able to run with the CPU upgrade is 9.2.2, or 10.3.9. Can include multiple OS's on separate partitions, and the case itself is in good condition. The side fan has been replaced by a slightly noisy 120mm fan, but spins so fast that all the heat gets ejected.
This was my old main machine, it's what got me started to use Apple computers as my primary computer system of choice.

Like I said, this is a serious OS9 box. He's wants $150 and will properly ship for roughly $40 (in the US - beyond that you'll have to work it out)

His name is Марк Соколовский
Yeah, I know…it's pronounced  soh-ku-luf-skee

He's in Cherry Hill, new Jersey (close to Philly)
email is [email protected]

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
Re: Ultimate Sawtooth for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 07:03:43 PM »
was the Geforce card a PCI card then?? does anyone else have experience with such a card for running extra monitor in OS9?