Author Topic: Sonnet Tempo Sata PCI  (Read 3580 times)

Offline xsys

• xsys means external system
Sonnet Tempo Sata PCI
« on: July 01, 2016, 10:21:32 AM »
I just installed a 120 gig ssd in my G4 Digital Audio. I ordered a Sonnet Tempo Sata PCI, and a cheap IDE to SATA bridge as a backup...and the cheap bridge worked while the Tempo failed  >:(

Actually, the Tempo worked once when I first installed (booted to OS9.22). But now (with the card installed) the Mac doesn't even boot to CD or a good IDE drive. It does chime however, indicating the hardware is good. I take the card out, and the cheap bridge works great.

I contacted Sonnet support about whether the Tempo card will only boot from the card when it's plugged in (no response yet). So, I went to plan B (cheap sata bridge) and I am in business, but, the Tempo is a paper weight.

I was thinking about putting it in my pc to see if I could at least see it, and possibly downgrade the firmware (if required). Does anyone have any experience with this card?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 12:12:07 PM by xsys »

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
Re: Sonnet Tempo Sata PCI
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 08:29:50 AM »
those cards are pretty hard to break.. it probably still works only it doesnt like th drive u are trying to test it with.. i would say its highly likely that the sonnet tempo isnt broken, there must be some type of incompatibility occuring.