Author Topic: These Youngsters!  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Mat

• Platinum Member
These Youngsters!
« on: June 18, 2016, 09:20:33 PM »
Don´t belive I got maniac, I just got ill yesterday and have to hang around at home alone ;)

So here is the story; today a young guy, about 20, got a newspaper that I layouted in 2006. He liked how it looks and commented it with: "I am stunned that such good layouts were technically possible back than"

:-o

Well, I will still go on and use XPress 4 ;)

Offline torvan

• Veteran Member
  • Old School
Re: These Youngsters!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 09:27:06 PM »
You mean he read something that was not on his phone? Woah, I did not even think this generation knew what paper was!  :-)
15 Macs (13 of them ranging from an SE to a MDD), 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 Hackintosh. Small house getting smaller with each Mac. . . . .  .Husband shakes his head but supports my habit.

Offline nanopico

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 01:49:17 AM »
We still have a land line and use rotary phones in our house. (Not a joke).
My son will grow up to know these things which will be awesome.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, or break it so you can fix it!

Offline torvan

• Veteran Member
  • Old School
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 02:05:16 PM »
We have the land line, but touch tone phones. I still handwrite letters, although email is more common for me. I hate my cell and often leave it at home, finding it too bulky and heavy for my pocket. We do not subscribe to any television service, depending on OTA access. My iPod still is working and charging, and I still own no dishwasher.

So I guess we are stuck in the 1999-2001 era.  LOL
15 Macs (13 of them ranging from an SE to a MDD), 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 Hackintosh. Small house getting smaller with each Mac. . . . .  .Husband shakes his head but supports my habit.

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 02:48:43 PM »
He liked how it looks and commented it with: "I am stunned that such good layouts were technically possible back than"
If you were to show him a National Geographic or a Look Magazine from the 40's or 50's, his head would probably explode…

Offline Mat

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 05:01:13 PM »
Yeah guys! ;)
You are funny!

Landline here as well.
In general I got the impression, that it is a wide spreaded misapprehension, that new tools mean better results. But mainly it is just improved usability and optical changes, that do not help you to improve the act you like to create.
As I always say, learning the 10-finger touch typing system will bring much more time saving in daily work than any latest CPU.

Offline nanopico

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 08:37:06 PM »
I still use a Mini-Disc player in the car.
And I some times record to ADAT (because I'm slightly sadistic).
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, or break it so you can fix it!