Author Topic: "go-to" general purpse EQ plugs?  (Read 5478 times)

Offline will9

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
"go-to" general purpse EQ plugs?
« on: June 11, 2016, 06:31:14 AM »
Hi all,
Are EQs in OS9 still acceptable by comparison of whats available today? Do you ditch the EQs included with the DAWs for a specifc plugin instead? Are there any EQs in OS9 that provide a spectral analyser overlay of sorts? (and if not, are there any decent dedicated plugs to run alongside an EQ?)

Thanks
Will

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
Re: "go-to" general purpse EQ plugs?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 09:09:49 AM »
Hi all,
Are EQs in OS9 still acceptable by comparison of whats available today? Do you ditch the EQs included with the DAWs for a specifc plugin instead?
Sonalksis SV-517 EQ:

Are there any EQs in OS9 that provide a spectral analyser overlay of sorts?
Elemental Audio Firium:
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline Metrophage

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 06:09:12 PM »
+1 for Firium. I also like Steinberg Freefilter and Arboretum Ionizer.

Offline will9

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 04:30:58 AM »
Thanks guys, they look perfect for said purpose. Hopefully they stand the test of time in with regards to quality!

I can't get any of these to work in Cubase VST 5 but... I am running this via Sheepshaver simply to test my would-be system once it arrives (still waiting on it) hopefully they are just broken in the emulation and not on the real hardware.
Cheers
Wil

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 04:23:55 PM »
I can't get any of these to work in Cubase VST 5 but... I am running this via Sheepshaver simply to test my would-be system once it arrives (still waiting on it) hopefully they are just broken in the emulation and not on the real hardware.

Yes, most DAWs are "real hardware" only.  You will have no issues :)  when you get up and running

Offline will9

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 09:03:55 AM »

Yes, most DAWs are "real hardware" only.  You will have no issues :)  when you get up and running
Any chance of a re-upload of the MK2 versions? The ones I downloaded look to be mk1 with a much older-looking interface
Cheers
Wil

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 09:28:33 AM »
Any chance of a re-upload of the MK2 versions? The ones I downloaded look to be mk1 with a much older-looking interface.
The MK2 it's Not available for Mac Os 9. AFAIK.
So it's out of our scope.
Please don't PM about things that are not private.