Author Topic: Changing download folder location in Classilla 9.3.3  (Read 4905 times)

Offline ziggy29

• Enthusiast Member
Changing download folder location in Classilla 9.3.3
« on: May 30, 2016, 07:51:55 AM »
Everything I'm downloading in Classilla is going to an unusual location and I'm not sure why.  In Download Manager, it keeps going to the following location: 

Library:Application Support:Apple:Grapher

I have not found any way to override this undesirable location in the application preferences or anywhere else.  Does anyone know if there is a way to do that? 

Offline Mat

• Platinum Member
Re: Changing download folder location in Classilla 9.3.3
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:34:56 AM »
I am a little bit confused. At all my Classilla installations when I download something the following happens: I klick to a downloadlink and subsequently a file selector window appeares and askes me where to save the file. I can select every place, individually at every download.

Also I never heard anything about a "Library" folder at Mac OS 9! Are you using Classilla at any X machine in Classic instead of Mac OS 9?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 12:44:25 PM by Mat »

Offline ziggy29

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 12:10:55 PM »
No, that's the odd thing.  I haven't ever used it on X on this machine. That said there was an old OS X Tiger install also on this partition which I guess is why the Library folder is there. 

I don't know why downloads were going there, but I fixed it by right clicking a link and changing the directory in the "Save As..." dialog.  There apparently is no way to change it directly in Download Manager through Mozilla which seems counterintuitive to me. 

Offline Mat

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 12:48:31 PM »
You are right. I didn´t find a possibility to change a download folder in the preferences as well. Perhaps there is a possibility in the about: config ? And you are right with Mozilla in general as well (at least sometimes).

You library folder and the download location is still strange, ...
I never have seen Classilla automatically downloading anything without the file selector window before. Is your downloade location now permanentely changed?