Author Topic: Sounddiver Issue with Chubby Bunny  (Read 4683 times)

Offline aluntay

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
Sounddiver Issue with Chubby Bunny
« on: May 22, 2016, 04:17:10 AM »
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and it looks like a great resource.

I have read the following thread (in particular post 34 from Enabler) http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,666.0.html

Sounddiver does initially load but when it starts the autoscan it crashes taking Chubby Bunny with it.

I notice someone else has been having an issue http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,1787.0.html

However both of these threads are now a couple of years old and I was wondering if there is anything new that may be causing it to crash?

The original additional files by files by MacTron no longer exist and the img files linked to by Enabler give the following message when I try to mount them in Chubb Bunny "The Mount Image did not complete. (-39) An unexpected end of file was encountered in "SoundDiver 3.0.0 CD.img" which may indicate that it is corrupted or damaged"

I have also tried the ready-to-go package posted by GaryN but this is where the crashing above happens.

I am running 10.9.5 on a 2009 Mac Pro 2 x 3.33GHz (12 core) with 96GB RAM.

Does anyone understand what is going on here please?

Cheers.

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: Sounddiver Issue with Chubby Bunny
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 04:19:51 PM »
First of all,  96Gb? Really? Amazing…

Now… you have a common problem: Soundiver will not run in OS9 emulation.

Why? because it's dependent upon either Opcode OMS or MOTU FreeMIDI to communicate with the MIDI world.

Neither of those OS9 driver/apps run under emulation because they look for serial ports that you don't have or USB > serial adapters that you don't have that would connect to your MIDI interface.

Your installation is crashing trying to configure itself on hardware it cannot understand. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. We all run OS9 software on OS9-native hardware for this very reason.

Actually, if someone was to successfully port OMS to OSX, we would absolutely give them a dinner and erect a statue in their honor.

Offline aluntay

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
Re: Sounddiver Issue with Chubby Bunny
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 05:54:13 AM »
Hi Gary,

thanks for the response, at least I can stop banging my head against the wall now!

Might investigate an OS9 machine in that case then. Cheers.

ps the RAM is for virtual instruments (Kontakt) within Logic