Author Topic: Confused by audio track creation in Logic 4.7  (Read 4684 times)

Offline stumingg

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
Confused by audio track creation in Logic 4.7
« on: May 17, 2016, 11:29:28 AM »
Hi all

I've managed to get my PB G4 up and running with my Motu 828 Mk2 and Logic 4.7. I can record the two mic / guitar inputs on two tracks in the arrange window. But it's been a struggle! I've used Logic 6 to 9 to X (is it?) But I can't under stand what's going on in 4.7.

For instance, in the environment audio layer I can select an audio object, say Audio 9 which is Mic / Guitar 1 on I/O and is called track 9. I copy it and paste it into the strange and it all seems OK. But then I want to do the same for the 2nd guitar input and it all goes mad!

If I just paste it overwrites the existing track.

If I create a new blank track it creates a copy of my highlighted one. Fine, but when I change the track of this new track to something else it changes my existing one too!!

I think the only way I can create a track that isn't somehow "linked" to a previous one is to create a track with next instrument and then I can reassign it.

Is this all correct? Am I just too used to using later versions of logic?! I think I'm going a bit mad!

Thanks

Stuart

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
Re: Confused by audio track creation in Logic 4.7
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 06:05:01 PM »
the interface is indeed confusing to new users
u should get your hands on whatever learning materials u can find
demo cds read the help inside the program read the manuals
it would be helpful to get a chart/list of all the keyboard commands for logic on os9
its really a useful program

perhaps more users here can direct you to the exact section of the manual or whatever reference directly shows the basic fundamentals of use
aswell as what keys to press or what menus to pull down etc