Author Topic: Edirol UA-25 SoundManager support  (Read 5238 times)

Offline davorin

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
Edirol UA-25 SoundManager support
« on: April 25, 2016, 06:16:44 AM »
Hello

According to the Roland website...this device could be used as a SoundManager device as well:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/ua-25/

"Sound Manager for audio and OMS/FreeMIDI compatible on Mac OS 9 and Windows98 and Me as well."

But the when installing their driver no sound device can be choosen in the sound control panel.

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
Re: Edirol UA-25 SoundManager support
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 01:15:29 PM »
>you can choose to use either the advanced or OS-standard driver, via the ADV switch<

you might have to turn that off or switch it to the off position

from the manual....

21.ADVANCE (mode select) switch[/color][/font]This switches the driver operation mode.[/color][/font]If you change the setting of this switch, you must close all software, disconnect the [/color][/font]USB cable that connects the UA-25 to your computer, and then re-connect the USB [/color][/font]cable.[/color][/font]On (Advanced mode)[/color][/font]You can use the included UA-25 driver to record, play, and edit audio from your [/color][/font]sequencer software or audio editing software with high quality and stable [/color][/font]timing.[/color][/font]Off (Standard driver mode)[/color][/font]Choose this mode if you are using software that uses the standard audio driver [/color][/font]included with your operating system.[/color][/font]*   The sample rate will be fixed at 44.1 kHz/16 bit regardless of the setting of the UA-25’s sample [/color][/font]rate select switch.[/color][/font]*   The MIDI IN/OUT connectors are not available when using Standard driver mode.[/color][/font]For details on these operating modes, refer to [/color][/font]“About the driver modes”[/color][/font](Windows, p. 14; Macintosh, p. 32).[/color][/font]

Offline davorin

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 03:53:21 AM »
With the advanced switch set to off, I only see USB audio input...but no USB audio output.

Offline davorin

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 04:00:51 AM »
Wait a minute.....

It lists only "built-in" as audio output, but sets the tab "Speakers" as active....and when starting the sound test, it plays through the UA-25 (o;

Offline ohtakajacky2

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 12:12:05 PM »
I bought a used UA-25 yesterday. I installed the driver and set up the OMS, but there is no output from the UA-25. I checked the input/output in the sound control panel, but it seems that the UA-25 is not recognized. I also used advanced mode. help me!