Author Topic: Sluggish meters...  (Read 6937 times)

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
Sluggish meters...
« on: April 01, 2016, 02:55:14 AM »
Check this out: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=16878

I'm getting the same thing. Anyone else getting this and if so have you found a remedy?

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Sluggish meters...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 07:06:42 AM »
I've had that occur from time to time... I can't recall a specific fix, but it would have been either just restarting and or relieving some of the processing 'stress'... consolidating edits, removing/printing plugs, etc. I don't remember it as being something that i couldn't get to go away, but more of an annoyance.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.  :(

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 07:16:48 AM »
So are your meters somewhat sluggish too? It's not too bad, but it definitely doesn't give you a 60fps look either.

Offline paule

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 11:15:36 AM »
Hi syntho,
I don't know if the following will help you, but maybe it is worth a try:
I have these slow meters when I use Softsynth-RTAS plugs (like Kontakt, Battery ...) connected via DirectConnect and an IAC Driver. When I HAVE NOT opened the application (for example Kontakt ...) which is at the moment used by a open Protools File and directconnect, the meters slow down extremely!!! In the moment when I open the "missing" application (Kontakt) and the DirectConnect-connection is established again, the meters behave normally.

Hopefully this is a help for you,
paule.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 10:54:03 PM »
So are your meters somewhat sluggish too? It's not too bad, but it definitely doesn't give you a 60fps look either.

Mine aren't NORMALLY sluggish, but I've had a few occurrences when all of a sudden the meters went funky for a bit.

Lately I've been getting 'disk too slow or fragmented' errors while using loop playback... its always something!!

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 01:09:17 AM »
This happens with no plugins whatsoever, and even with just a few tracks. I guess I was expecting a 60fps look on the meters but I'm guessing it just isn't do with older PT software.

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 11:59:26 AM »
Maybe it's time to 'lubricate' the components in our vintage equipment...i just read about Stabilant 22.
People swear on it...maybe worth to try it.

Maybe this kind of behaviour can be cured.
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 04:27:37 AM »
Anyone else have a 9600 and a G4 machine to compare? I don't think the problem is the CPU, I think it may be the video card. My G4 has 60fps meters, and the 9600 has about 45-50fps meters. When I hit spacebar to stop, they all seem to go to 60fps for a second.