Classic Mac Hardware (Troubleshooting, Upgrading, & Modifying) > General Hardware Discussions

Q: How to define simple nonvolatile shortcut commands in Open Firmware?

(1/2) > >>

glt:
I'd like to be able to start Open Firmware's telnet without having to type the whole incantation every time--I can't always remember it, and for some reason I'm typo-prone when talking to Open Firmware.  :(

Is there a way to define a shortcut for this in Open Firmware and save it in NVRAM somehow, so it will always be there?

For the same reason I'd also like to be able to boot from my USB thumb drive without typing the whole boot usb2/disk@1:2,\\yaboot magic phrase.

I know I should be able to do that with nvalias and will probably try on my own (I haven't yet), but someone  might save me a few moments if they could post it here.

nanopico:
Yes you should be able to do this.
You just need to define a word in open firmware via a nvram script and an alias for the usb part.
I don't have the specific details at hand as I'm in the hospital at the moment, but if no one else get's back to you then I will try to reply when I get out.

DieHard:

--- Quote ---I don't have the specific details at hand as I'm in the hospital at the moment
--- End quote ---

Hope all is well :)

GaryN:
As do we all!

nanopico:

--- Quote from: DieHard on March 26, 2016, 11:43:02 AM ---
--- Quote ---I don't have the specific details at hand as I'm in the hospital at the moment
--- End quote ---

Hope all is well :)

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: GaryN on March 26, 2016, 12:25:14 PM ---As do we all!

--- End quote ---

It is now I think.  And thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version