Author Topic: Can some one point me to an advanced midi discussion in this forum?  (Read 13839 times)

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: Can some one point me to an advanced midi discussion in this forum?
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2017, 01:34:14 PM »
Congrats! So we now know for a fact that it was MIDI clock causing the problem.
I was pretty sure of that after reading in the Keystep manual how the damn thing would echo any clock-type signal at the MIDI in to the MIDI out.
All of that control in the software editor and they left out the ability to prevent that… You should take a minute to drop them a line!

So, you found a way to make the Studio 4 do exactly what I was suggesting you do with an external filter.
What's remarkable to me about that is having used Opcode Vision, StudioVision and a Studio 4 for years and years, I have never once seen those little extra pop-up windows in the OMS Routing panel. Apparently, I never needed them!

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
Re: Can some one point me to an advanced midi discussion in this forum?
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2017, 07:27:17 PM »
Congrats! So we now know for a fact that it was MIDI clock causing the problem.
I was pretty sure of that after reading in the Keystep manual how the damn thing would echo any clock-type signal at the MIDI in to the MIDI out.
All of that control in the software editor and they left out the ability to prevent that… You should take a minute to drop them a line!

So, you found a way to make the Studio 4 do exactly what I was suggesting you do with an external filter.
What's remarkable to me about that is having used Opcode Vision, StudioVision and a Studio 4 for years and years, I have never once seen those little extra pop-up windows in the OMS Routing panel. Apparently, I never needed them!

It is the outer most tick boxes  there is an M at the very end of the row. You want to select the input side row, when you click the little box below the input name another box pops up providing numerous choices that can be muted, it should really say "filtered".

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994