Author Topic: Looking for the full version of Pro Tools 5.1.3 TDM and plugins!  (Read 68480 times)

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Looking for the full version of Pro Tools 5.1.3 TDM and plugins!
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2014, 12:29:50 PM »
now things have gone from bad to worse. my computer won't even turn on now. installed os9.2.1, updated to 9.2.2 all good. turned off to re install protools cards as I stupidly removed them. now when I turn on I hear the hard drive spin up but nothing else. blank screen. :(
The best is to take out all pci cards for installing. Later you add pci cards one by one.
If you have blank screen, reset PRAM
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline mattyp

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
tried removing cards. still won't turn on without the cards. tried resetting PRAM, tried resetting PMU, still nothing. there is no power to the keyboard or mouse.
Will start a new thread.
Pro Tools Mix3, Digidesign Control|24, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha Motif XF6, Waldorf Blofeld KB, Novation K Station, Alesis Fusion 8HD, DSI Mopho KB, Korg Karma, Korg MS50, Korg MS20 mini, Akai EWI4000s.

Offline NubusVision

• new to the forums
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2014, 02:28:39 PM »
http://www.macos9lives.com/downloads/daw/protools/5.1.3/os9backup.zip

I recently downloaded this and both WinRAR and the built in OSX 10.4 archive utility say that there is an error in the archive.  Has anyone actually tested this archive to see if it opens? 

It would be very nice if Knex uploaded that DVD of plugins! It's almost cruel to talk about having them and the prospect of uploading them and then fall through with it at the last minute...  :'(

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2014, 05:20:46 PM »
Yeah, there's an error in the archive. It won't open.

MacTron's 5.1 file seems to only include the stock TDM plugins from what I looked at.

Protools5LEGuy - can you post that DVD for us?  -afro-

I wish Knez would come back around and post his stuff...

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2014, 05:48:27 PM »

Protools5LEGuy - can you post that DVD for us?  -afro-

Sorry, but I only have TDM plugs, not the installer of Protools TDM.  :-[

Of course I will upload my OS9 stuff, but I am in the process of snapshooting them too as DieHard and Chris requested me. I thought the waters would be calmed with the recents uploads including that disk image.
I am testing them first from the perspective of an Protools Free user with my G3 450. I can tell you McDSP works on PTFree (filterbanks/compressorbanks/MC2000) and RealVerb too
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 05:58:36 PM by Protools5LEGuy »
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

supernova777

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2014, 06:01:16 PM »
to download Pro tools 5.1.3 TDM
please refer to the download boards post:
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=676.0

please disregard this os9backup archive
this is a disk image i believe of someones entire hard drive
to be used to restore to a partition not to extract files from
and not an installation media for tdm

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2014, 06:11:34 PM »
Protools5LEGuy - yeah, I meant the TDM plugs only. That'll be a big help seeing as we've got the 5.1.3 installer already. Looking forward to it  -afro-

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2014, 06:47:32 PM »
Protools5LEGuy - yeah, I meant the TDM plugs only. That'll be a big help seeing as we've got the 5.1.3 installer already. Looking forward to it  -afro-
Sorry I misunderstood. (It is a long post)  ;D
I want to make things right, as DieHard and ChrisNova want.
They want plugs with descriptions and snapshoots. As I said before I am testing them with the protools free perspective, for later add Digi001 compatibles, later Audiomedia III and finally TDM.
I had just shared with Chris my collection of plugs. Because I am very busy at the moment, he will share the plugs soon.
I feel sad about the small number of contributors compared to the number of users... I hope this will  change soon.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline NubusVision

• new to the forums
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2014, 08:14:49 PM »
I bought a CD full of TDM, RTAS, and VSTs along with a few Pro Tools installers from eBay years ago.  I have no idea where this disc originated, but it contains a ton of plugins (some cracked), like Lexiverb and some Aphex plugins.  It also has versions of stuffit and toast, which are useful when restoring the floppy images of authorization disks (also included on the CD). 

I currently only have a Pro Tools III system (waiting for the Mix Core card in the mail) and a G4 without a floppy drive so I am unable to test all the plugins to see if they work with the included authorization images.  I would be more than happy to upload an iso image of the disc, but I cannot guarantee that everything on it is functional. 

I will upload this on the condition that other users embrace a willingness to share.  It is safe to say that there is no other way to obtain these obsolete plugins for the Pro Tools Mix platform.  You have to ask yourself, "When was the last time a professional in the recording industry bought a TDM plugin designed specifically to work with a PT Mix system?"  I'm very sure that answer can be given in terms of years if not decades.  The PT Mix has been succeeded by three generations of PT hardware and is no longer an industry standard.  Forums like this are not tailored to provide the top-of-line software that producers are paying $1,000s for, rather, they exist to provide resources for us enthusiasts with small budgets who simply want to utilize old hardware.  I see no moral wrongs being committed by sharing outmoded software.

Software is an art form.  It should be preserved as such.

What happens if the last CD or floppy authorization disk becomes corrupt and no one had shared the contents?  It is lost...FOREVER.  A great amount of artwork that had been destroyed in World War II only exists as photographs.  If a person wasn't aloud to photograph those paintings, they would be lost FOREVER.  Some musical works by great composers such as Bach only survive as copies.  I cannot imagine losing those works in time because of an unwillingness to share.  It is logical to conclude that more copies and wider distribution of those copies can insure the preservation of a work of art.  Software that has aged past its profitability and is no longer under the protection of a parent company is endangered.  I have a feeling that historians hundreds of years from now will look fondly upon forums of this type because of their integral role in preserving this volatile art form.

Offline dr bu

• Gold Member
  • inconsistent soul
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2014, 06:35:54 AM »
well spoken, Nubiusvision. sharing makes progress. and Bach actually fell into oblivion for a 100 years until re-discovered by Mendelssohn. history is a capricious bitch.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:49:03 AM by dr bu »
djupsinnig

Offline mattyp

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2014, 04:24:57 PM »
I found an interesting article by a software writer on the subject of abandonware from a programmers point of view. Unfortunately i can't seem to find it now or i would post a link.
in it he claims that he regularly downloads software that he himself created from abandonwear sites because its easier than trying to locate his original files. Many programmers support abandonware which is good for us. Others don't like the idea but cant be bothered to do anything about it and only a few are against it.
long live abandonware.
Pro Tools Mix3, Digidesign Control|24, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha Motif XF6, Waldorf Blofeld KB, Novation K Station, Alesis Fusion 8HD, DSI Mopho KB, Korg Karma, Korg MS50, Korg MS20 mini, Akai EWI4000s.

Online Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2014, 08:09:18 AM »
Hi!

I never intended to leave in the first place, but stuff happend that we shouldn't go into. Let the past be the past.

I have sorted out which plugins work and which doesn't. Will upload the whole package when I get home. My first though was posting every plugin individually, but it took too much of my time to get everything tested in the first place.

So there will be two .sit files. One with ALL the plugins unsorted and untested, and one with my current plugin folder im using under OS 9.2.2 and Pro Tools 5.1.3cs11.

Glad to be back :)
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2014, 07:49:52 PM »

I never intended to leave in the first place, but stuff happend that we shouldn't go into. Let the past be the past.

Knez=Knezzen?    It happened so much time ago that a "zen" has grow in your name.     :D

Glad you back.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Online Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2014, 12:14:39 AM »
Knez=Knezzen?    It happened so much time ago that a "zen" has grow in your name.     :D

Glad you back.

Something like that ;)

Thanks man :)
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2014, 11:28:26 AM »

Glad you back.

Something like that ;)

Thanks man :)

Welcome...
... again :)

The over ten year old of Mac Os 9 could take to most of us into think that we are experts -myself included... :)- and it easy to have some "experts collision",  as several are arround here... :) LOL

"We must think that we are here to share all we know and to learn what we ignore"
MacTron
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2014, 11:42:26 AM »
Well Said MacTron :)

Looks like we are all stuck with each other... Looks like were going to have the last laugh on all those people who thought OS 9 was a "ThowAway piece of garbage"

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2014, 12:09:10 PM »

The over ten year old of Mac Os 9 could take to most of us into think that we are experts -myself included... :)- and it easy to have some "experts collision",  as several are arround here... :) LOL

"We must think that we are here to share all we know and to learn what we ignore"
MacTron

I think we all LOVE MacOS9. Let's avoid "collisions" and do "collaboration". The collaborations and shares can benefit all the community.

If every forum guest would bring here an AKAY CD'ROM sampler library, in ten months we could have the biggest library EVER made. Just saying...

Let´s join FORCES to make the MacOS9 what it was. The BEST O.S. for DAWs in the WORLD!

Well Said MacTron :)

Looks like we are all stuck with each other... Looks like were going to have the last laugh on all those people who thought OS 9 was a "ThowAway piece of garbage"

We are going to make OS9 the ULTIMATE DAW and this page HUGE!

Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline tazmania

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2014, 01:36:19 PM »
hey
why i can't download anymore from the link or pls reup that disk again
thanks

Online Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2014, 02:01:20 AM »
You mean the os9backup.zip? It never worked since the .zip file destroyed all the files resource forks.

TDM and RTAS plugins are updated slowly but steady to the downloads section if you want to take a look over there :)

supernova777

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2014, 02:12:40 AM »
Grab my backup with installed 5.1.3 and all avaible TDM plugins!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7339868/os9backup.zip

installing is simple: under 10.3.9 - copy unzipped files to free HD for os 9. enjoy ;)

its a shame this user used zip instead of stuffit .. if he used .sitx or .sit the files would be fine im guessing
i wonder if theres anyway to repair these files... even tho they have lost their creator/type codes + icons
i still have this file on my server 457mb worth

there must be alot of plugins if its 457mb .. protools itself isnt nowhere near that big?