Author Topic: Are RTAS instruments able to start/stop ProTools?  (Read 4672 times)

Offline paule

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
Are RTAS instruments able to start/stop ProTools?
« on: February 21, 2016, 12:36:03 PM »
Hi to all,
I am searching (for quite a while) in the internet and don't find the solution for my problem:

Isn't it possible – when using RTAS instruments – to stop/start Pro Tools in the background while tweeking the settings inside the RTAS instrument?

Background: I am working on song in Pro Tools with a Kontakt Multi opened. Everything runs smooth beside the possibility to remote control the transport of Pro Tools while I am tweeking the sound in Kontakt. Isn't this possible???

Is there anybody out there who knows if there is a workaround for this ....

Best, paule.

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
Re: Are RTAS instruments able to start/stop ProTools?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 12:51:18 PM »
Do you have some midi equipment ?
I remember having assigned the last key on my midi keyboard to a transport command of cubase in the past. that would be a solution.
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline paule

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 01:15:35 PM »
Hi Philgood,
thanks for the idea. But I know - because I 've worked the last years with Logic on a TDM System - that there are much more possibilites in Logic to use keycommands (like a "start"-key on the midi keyboard). That's for sure. But I haven't found this yet in Pro Tools (maybe with a digidesign controller)...

The integration of my MidiEquipment in Logic is much more better than in Pro Tools, but I am fighting to get it working. Also am a little bit disappointed about the the integration of RTAS instruments (for example Kontakt in Multimode), where the volume of the designated miditrack in Kontakt will not change when you move the volume fader in Protools. Incredible – only automating the volume fader offers a possibility.

But maybe someone else can help?

Best, paule.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 03:05:22 AM »
kontakt and waves should only occupy shift and alt (and not the space bar), but then again, i am not a protools user.

i agree that using midi would be a nice workaround.
insert arbitrary signature here