Author Topic: Auto Tune need an old manual?  (Read 4201 times)

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
Auto Tune need an old manual?
« on: February 18, 2016, 06:10:50 PM »
For Tools 5.1.3 cant get anything out of Auto Tune, signal goes in, meters work I can hear sound but no effect at all no mater what settings I have changed. Is there an auto tune setup folder or something like that for this version?

???

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
Re: Auto Tune need an old manual?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 07:09:52 PM »
Forgot to say that this is "Auto Tune 3"

Thanks!

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 09:10:20 PM »
In my experience, A-T is and acts like any other VST or TDM effect. There are both mono and stereo versions though, using the wrong one will cause anomalies… though it seems unlikely you'd pass audio with just no effect especially if the meters indicate pitch correction happening.

Dumb question #1: Are you sure you don't have the bypass engaged?
Dumb question #2: Is the "correct pitch" button engaged in the A-T window?
Dumb question #3: Are you sure you're monitoring the output and not the input?

I said these were dumb questions… before you get to feeling insulted, I'll admit I've been at this shit for 25+ years and I still miss the obvious once in a while…

Last, I have the manual BUT there's a separate "read me" that came with each format. Still doubtful though, that you could have some kind of setup fail and yet get signal as far along as you are.

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 12:44:59 AM »
Hey I am smart enough to know better than think I know it all, I got my first DAW in 92 and it has been a continual education ever since. So I tried auto tune in another session and it works, so it seems to be having a problem with a couple of my sessions, so it must be a some DSP glitch. I get those now and then, such as sometimes the system usage with show that I have 4 available slots for DSP but then give me an error that I am out of DSP if i try to add an a TDM plugin, weird old grumpy gear.

Thanks for your input :-)