Author Topic: Macos9lives Annual Budget...  (Read 10616 times)

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Macos9lives Annual Budget...
« on: February 18, 2016, 03:00:20 PM »
April 6th is renew day !

Here are the numbers...
$110 -> Web Hosting/GoDaddy
$ 15  -> Domain is $15 a year
$ 90  -> Adrive File FTP

So the The entire Kit and Caboodle is about $215 a year to keep Mac OS 9 "Alive"

Really not a bad price, about $17.91 a month, I spend more than that at Starbucks...LOL

Donations are always appreciate !   

To our Co-founder... MacTron, may 2016 be the best year ever for the forum and for all things in his life.

A Large beer (or a glass of wine) to ProTools5LEGuy, Syntho, GarryN, Philgood, Devil's Advisor, Knez, Nanopico, Mr Happy, IIO, Mat, Jakl, and any others I forgot to mention.

And a special thanks to GaryN and OldIowaMac and others for all their generous support!

To all Musicians on a budget, please save your money, we are more than happy to provide you with the tools you need; donations are limited to the few that have extra income.

Paypal: [email protected]

Fear not members, even if the cookie jar remains empty, we will still press onward thru 2016 :)

Let me not forget, a special thanks to all the core members that made this forum possible.

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: Macos9lives Annual Budget...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 09:14:54 PM »
I too, spend more than that at Starbucks…well, actually next door to Starbucks where there's a … ehhh, it's not important what's dispensed there…

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 09:33:09 PM »
i just bought 3 CD burners off ebay which did all together cost less than one cup of coffee in the city.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 08:38:07 AM »
I'm a full time musician, so that means relatively 'poor' ;D but I'll gladly send you a little something, as I put a VERY high value on OS9Lives!!!... that is of coarse unless I visit Gary's Starbucks and wander next door!! Haha! ;D

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 11:24:48 PM »
This won't be my first time donating  -afro- I'll send something over soon.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 05:52:39 AM »
Life savings sent! ;D ;D ;D

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 06:14:21 AM »
i try to squeeze something your way, is there an alternative to paypal ?

in addition to that i have an idea which i had a long time ago but never got it of the ground. i try it again. i been watching certain topics here and i understand there is a demand for some tutorials about apps or installations on how to use it or even install the whole thing. im willing to work on that and put it all together as a macos9lives.com dvd for sale here on macos9lives to help make the site self sufficient. i know there are a few mac os 9 based websites out but none of them has that at their hands. the idea is to answer questions by showing how in video and audio in case somebody doesnt understand the text version which is sometimes possible if you get answers and different solutions from many peoples. so what im asking is i need people to contribute. im not a musician, im not a top notch painter.
i need music or loopable audio files copyright free and pictures from daws as big and highres as possible from plugins i cant run. for example as of right now i dont have access to a protools hd or mix system or even logic. the apps i can run i will do what i can but everything else i need contribution as much as possible. before i go over to a paid storage service for collaboration i wanna know how many people wanna work on such a project. i have only 1 condition i would really like to have all of it done in os9 or below, after all this is the name of the forum and i like to show that off that we dont just talk we actually know how to use it. thanks in advance for critics and or contributions or recommendations.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 06:46:16 AM by devils_advisor »

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 07:55:13 AM »
bump

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 08:55:31 AM »
I'll try to help if I can. ;D

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 10:27:25 AM »
Devil. Regarding the tutorial DVDs.
I think it's a good idea to make a DVD with answering the basic questions which show up every now and then regarding how to install the images of the OS we have here, and maybe also to cover an general overview of the mac OS classic as there are even newcomers coming to discover our beloved OS.
I think it would be to complicate to try to sell this in a physical format...maybe it would be better to offer online content ?
For sure there are people who are willing to pay for to gain access to this tutorials.
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 12:21:47 PM »
we dont have to burn the image. we could offer them for a small contribution for sale/download. to be more compatible most newer macs can mount a dvd image and play it or if you like to you can burn it and enjoy with fam or friends. its just a medium because i like to produce stuff that can be used on a small mac aswell as a fully blown rig by todays standards thats why i picked dvd.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 08:10:39 AM »
April 6th 2018 is renew day for web-Hosting and Domain...

There 2 members who contributed in 2017, so please give yourselves a break this year and leave it to others :)

To all Musicians on a budget, please save your money, we are more than happy to provide you with the tools you need; donations are limited to the few that have extra income.

Paypal: [email protected]

Fear not members, even if the cookie jar remains empty, we will still press onward thru 2018 :)

As always, Let me not forget, a special thanks to ALL the core members that make this forum possible.

macStuff

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 10:52:28 AM »
Do you accept PayPal
I donate regularly to web archive and Wikipedia cost of a coffee from a lot of people adds up quickly maybe u need a go fund me page

Offline acelera

• Enthusiast Member
  • Drowning in cables
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 12:45:44 PM »
I'm back after a truly long horrible period mostly due to health issues.  Still have a pile of tdm cables to actually just give away for free. Mr happy gets preference if he still needs them... Sorry about my absence.

Also, would love to contribute to diehard's costs too. Just pm me what would be suitable or something.

This place is one of the kindest, friendliest and selfless corners of the bloody internet and I am hopelessly in debt with you guys.

You're amazing.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 01:12:58 PM by acelera »

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 09:01:14 PM »
Mr happy gets preference if he still needs them

Did someone call my name?? haha!

Acelera... sorry to hear about your heath issues... Hope it's all good in the hood and full speed ahead!!

As far as cable go, just setting up another expansion chassis so I have a home for any strays!!  ;D

macStuff

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 09:02:59 PM »
wishing you a speedy recovery! acelera!
 ;D

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 09:08:29 PM »
Oh yes... the annual budget! ;D  I'll send a donation out pronto... !! ;D ;D

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 09:19:06 PM »
Sent the 'big bucks'!! ;D

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2018, 01:38:06 AM »
Welcome back acelera.
Health is so important.
I wish you get well as soon as possible.
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2018, 08:25:26 AM »
THANK YOU ALL !

I will keep editing and updating :)

You guys really are the best :)

OK, stuff for the marketplace, posted here 1st for core members and financial contributors:

The Following is Free (Pay Shipping only):

(2) Sets Marathon Racks (rack mount G4)  - Promised

(1) G4 Cube (excellent cosmetic shape), I never bought a working Power Supply, so it has not been powered up

(2) 17" Aluminum G4 1 Ghz Powerbooks, need to be gone thru to get working, I bought 4 of them as-is to fix for experimenting, no more time to go thru the last 2 since I am selling my store due to my brother's bad health

(10+) Parts G4 Powerbooks and iBooks

(20+)  MDD and QS Video cards (I have 3 boxes, let me know what you need)
Only Stock Apple Cards, No TI4400

(20+) MDD & QS Case parts, cages, Fans, Bezels

(20+) MDD and QS RAM, again, let me know what you need
Some RAM still Left

(1) External FW case with RAID for desktop IDE drives, needs two matching PATA drives

(1)  Beige G3 Desktop, all original, boots to 8.1

(40+) SCSI Cards, Mac & PC let me know

(1) SCSI Ext. CD-ROM

(30+) Internal Zip Drives (100 & 250)

And more...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:12:26 AM by DieHard »