Author Topic: Thanks for saving my Lombard  (Read 3416 times)

Offline vesuvio

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
Thanks for saving my Lombard
« on: February 09, 2016, 06:51:05 PM »
Big thanks to all who worked on the 9.2.2 iso! I just rescued a Powerbook G3 Lombard from a family member who put it on a pile of electronics destined for the recycler. I offered to wipe it clean for him first, and now it's out of his garage and on my desk  ;). It had 10.4 on it, but I knew immediately that I wanted to hop in the time machine and take it back to 9.2. The problem was I got rid of my archive of Classic disks and gear a few years ago, thinking I was probably done with them. (Note: don't do this! If you're reading this forum, you'll likely feel the pull to run the Classic OS as long as there is working hardware.)

Anyway, after a lot of frustration trying to make bootable OS 9 disks using my OS X machines, your 9.2.2 iso saved my bacon. I've already found my favourite basic audio editor from back in the day, Coaster 1.1.3. I'm rediscovering all the great utilities that made the Classic OS so much fun: FinderPop, BeHierarchic, TurboKeys, Action GoMac, Sleeper, Default Folder, just to name a handful.

So, I'm glad I found this place, and it's great to see there's still a lot of us who appreciate the old OS. Thanks again for helping me get back in the game.

--V.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Thanks for saving my Lombard
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 01:38:17 PM »
Yeah this place has performed CPR on MANY ailing OS 9 Macs!! ;D ;D

"Charging"..... "Clear".... *ZAP*... OS9Lives!!!

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Thanks for saving my Lombard
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 06:10:06 PM »
LOL...mrhappy

Another unit Saved from Flatline...