Author Topic: Off topic (sort of) while still being relevent to OS9 tools  (Read 6827 times)

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
Off topic (sort of) while still being relevent to OS9 tools
« on: January 30, 2016, 04:15:19 PM »
This is a stretch, cutting right to the chase.
Screen capture for OS9

I want to be able to (if at all possible) capture a video of tools 5.1.3 while it is in action.

I have heard that long ago there were a couple of apps that would do this, like "Screentool" and "Snapz Pro" but I am so far not having a lot of luck finding either.

Am I crazy, without question.

But it never hurts to ask.  :P

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
Re: Off topic (sort of) while still being relevent to OS9 tools
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 05:07:21 PM »
Found this going to see if it works while tools is running ;) http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/snapz-pro-2

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 03:36:32 PM »
Well So far snapz  freezes Tools when you open it while tools is running, this happens even when reducing to only 5 FPS in the snapz setup menu, I also get an out of memory error in tools while snapz is running.

Not looking to promising at the moment.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 05:40:12 PM »
We had a tutorial on PT made at 640x480 or 800x600 and few frames here. It had a Apple codec that only worked on old Quicktime.

Take note of the memory assigned to PT, DAE and Snappz. Try increasing the memory for them until you find the sweep spot.

I am working on a method that involves VNC server on Mac OS 9  and other computer for recording the screen on higher resolution. The router I use and my Macs are Gigabit Ethernet.

devil's advisor use a VGA to S-Video splitter to record the screen on a Panasonic firewire deck IIRC.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_EMO0El9OPs9K9Gxh2UDVw

[youtube]eVj-VKRZ4gw[/youtube]
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 05:55:13 PM »
I have PT, DAE, VNC, A-Dock and DragThing all working at start up on my DA GHz dual and my MDD 867 dual. The frame rate and the delay is "acceptable". I tell VNC to use maximum bandwith and no "CODEC".
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 06:06:59 PM »
[youtube]bK-0W3IqfHo[/youtube]
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 05:20:13 PM »
I still have not been able to get tools to work while snappz is running, looks like my particular G4 just does not have enough power to do this.

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2022, 10:16:36 PM »
We had a tutorial on PT made at 640x480 or 800x600 and few frames here. It had a Apple codec that only worked on old Quicktime.

Take note of the memory assigned to PT, DAE and Snappz. Try increasing the memory for them until you find the sweep spot.

I am working on a method that involves VNC server on Mac OS 9  and other computer for recording the screen on higher resolution. The router I use and my Macs are Gigabit Ethernet.

devil's advisor use a VGA to S-Video splitter to record the screen on a Panasonic firewire deck IIRC.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_EMO0El9OPs9K9Gxh2UDVw

[youtube]eVj-VKRZ4gw[/youtube]

any news on vnc? i would use a hardware card för screen capture but my slots are full
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts