Author Topic: Emagic 5.5 & 6 Authorisation  (Read 6783 times)

Offline Roman & Vika

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
Emagic 5.5 & 6 Authorisation
« on: January 16, 2016, 09:34:57 PM »
You must forgive me for my ignorance because I am new to all that is old here with OS9.

I have a mirrored door Powermac 1.25GHz DC. I have a legitimate copy of Logic 5.5 & Logic 6 install disk, & I have a USB XS Key. After installing the software I start it up and it tells me that no authorisations are found. A window comes up asking if I want to start a series of app's in demo mode. How do I kick start this thing? Thanks in advance for you help.

Roman & Vika

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
Re: Emagic 5.5 & 6 Authorisation
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 01:14:45 AM »
Check with XSKey Manager that you have all the licenses you need to get Logic 5.5 and 6 running.
Sounds like you might have a Logic 5 XSKey without the 5.5 and 6 licenses on it.

Check the first post in this thread for the XSKey Manager if you don't already have it:
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=712.0
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline Roman & Vika

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 02:32:23 PM »
Thanks. I'll take a look  :)

Offline Roman & Vika

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 11:25:02 PM »
I'm feeling a bit dumb here. Where does one find codes these days? Obviously they're not for sale anywhere?

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 12:30:31 AM »
What do you mean by codes? License keys?
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline Roman & Vika

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 12:56:57 AM »
I have the factory disks & a blue USB XS Key. I presume i need authorisation codes to start the various modules as the only other option is demo mode. IE. The software & the list of VST's?

Is this how it works? I don't have those codes. Is there some place i can get some?

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 03:52:21 AM »
Aha. Authorization was made through a server back in the days. This server has been down for a couple of years now, so all XSKeys are "frozen" with the licenses they currently have.
So im afraid you have to find another XSKey with the right licenses loaded onto it. The white one that comes with Logic Pro 7 is the one to look for, since it has EVERYTHING allready authorized on it.

Offline Roman & Vika

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 12:43:15 PM »
Oh, ok. This is why I don't like authorisation systems like the new versions of Reason & all things Avid. If anything happens to the company the software we paid top dollar for becomes obsolete.

Thanks for your help. I'll keep an eye out.