Author Topic: SeriTek 1V4 SATA Card not working OS 9  (Read 4527 times)

Offline Milko

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
SeriTek 1V4 SATA Card not working OS 9
« on: January 06, 2016, 04:41:36 PM »
I don't know if this the right place to post this thread but I have a SeriTek 1V4 4 port SATA card in my Power Mac G4 Digital Audio. When I first installed the card, it worked find and my hard drive showed up. After a restart though, the drive disappeared. I kept the card and drive in the mac and VERY occasionally (around once or twice a month) the drive would appear again, but after a couple of minutes the drive would disappear and the mac would kernal panic. This is in OS X Tiger, but the drives won't appear in any other OS either. The box claims that the card works in "Mac OS 9, and OS X 10.1.5 or higher".

I have tried around 5 different SATA drives, the jumper settings are correct also (set to 1.5Gb/s compatibility) and still get the same result..

Can anyone help? It's such a weird error and I did contact the Seritek support people but they weren't much help. It's a PCI-X card but the box says "Backwards compatible with all PCI-equipped Power Macintosh Computers"

Offline Jakl

• Gold Member
Re: SeriTek 1V4 SATA Card not working OS 9
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 07:20:24 PM »
The only time I ever had a problem like this with a seritek card is when the card itself was faulty. I had an internal 2 port sata card below,

http://www.firmtek.com/seritek/seritek-1s2/

it worked for a short time then I lost track of the Hard drives, or the system froze or something not normal would happen that would require a restart - sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't - it was very subtle - I had it in a quicksilver and sometimes the whole system would freeze or just shut down for hours before I could even start it up again.
Anyway I opened it up and got zapped - then after removing the card the whole system was happy again - everything just worked. I hope for your sake it's not the card.

macStuff

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 08:55:32 AM »
why not try re-flashing the firmware of the seritek card?

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 09:20:10 AM »
i had similar problems with one of my sonnet cards where some of the volumes /dirves wouldnt show up under certain cinditions. for example, the malfuntion went away when you boot into safe boot mode, so that the osx kernel extension wasnt loaded.

note that not all seritek cards are supporting OS9 and OSX.
insert arbitrary signature here

macStuff

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 07:25:35 AM »
milko can u provide any further info on the mac u were using, and its existing configuration?